• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Blades! Matte Black/Ice Polar And Polished Black/Ruby Polar Ferrari

The positive thing is the volume of carbon used in the Carbon Blade and they likely couldn't risk using the lower end stuff. With about 70% of the carbon fiber market raw material coming from Japan, there may be little to no affiliation with this production model being affiliated with China other than molding of the parts.

How do the lenses compare in size to other styles? I am interested in them, but know the Squared Whiskers are too big but standard Whiskers are a good fit for me.

How do the lenses compare in size to other styles? I am interested in them, but know the Squared Whiskers are too big but standard Whiskers are a good fit for me.
The lenses are just a little bigger than X-Squared lenses. They have excellent peripheral coverage. Here is a picture with an XS lens in front of the CB lens to give you an idea. The XS lens is lined up with the bottom corner of the inner edge. I don't have any whiskers, so hopefully you can get an idea from the XS lens.
8ese9eve.jpg

This is what you get, the old style carbon clamshell and of course the cardboard box.
6y3e9yme.jpg
a2uje9uq.jpg

My Ferrari CB arrived today and I am even more pleased with this pair. The red accents mixed with the polished carbon fiber is absolutely stunning! Some people have mentioned the polished carbon looking a little like the carbon fiber print on some of Oakley's other models. I disagree, you can tell that the carbon fiber is real on these even after a quick glance, and it really pops. I prefer this frame to the matte. The lenses are a gorgeous hue of ruby. I've mentioned before that I didn't buy these for the the Ferrari licensing, as I don't really care about that, and would actually prefer them without it. The packaging is really slick though. I bought these because I was after the color combination, and boy does it look good! I feel Oakley did an excellent job with this pair and the CB has exceeded my expectations. IMHO, the CBs are the best sunglasses that Oakley has released since the X-Metal line, aside from the Elite models of course. They look great and are ridiculously comfortable! These CBs will get a lot of face-time.
3ury5u6a.jpg
ramu8u6u.jpg
abunanuq.jpg
abuze4az.jpg
uju7esaq.jpg
eme3ehur.jpg
u8a6utyj.jpg

Very nice! Congrats. I may have to go and try on a pair of the CBs. Something tells me that may be a bit wide for me if the lenses are bigger than the XS as they are too wide for me. I am hoping I am pleasantly surprised.

Back