• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Blades! Matte Black/Ice Polar And Polished Black/Ruby Polar Ferrari

ramu8u6u.jpg

They are bite-the-back-of-the-hand gorgeous aren't they? I'm not sure i can ever get over my x-metal fetish, but i might have to give it a go with a set of these!

They are bite-the-back-of-the-hand gorgeous aren't they? I'm not sure i can ever get over my x-metal fetish, but i might have to give it a go with a set of these!
They most definitely are. My X-Metals are very important to me, but the CB has found a spot right next to them. It's really hard to beat the comfort and looks of the CB.

Damn it.. just had confirmation they can't do the Ruby frames in prescription... a crying shame, as i'd love a set of the "ferrari" CB with prescription lenses.

Well yeah, the C-Six Carbon is the top dog in my display. Sorry to hear you can't get the Ferrari in a prescription. Just get LASIK; that's what I did and it is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Well yeah, the C-Six Carbon is the top dog in my display. Sorry to hear you can't get the Ferrari in a prescription. Just get LASIK; that's what I did and it is one of the best decisions I have ever made.
I've also had LASIK done many years ago....I'm thinking 15 years now? Either way I agree with the statement about how great it is and I've never had any issues.

Hmmm maybe i should look in it then... probably save me a fortune in prescription lenses!

No eye-injections or horrific tales during the procedure you want to tell me about? :shock:

Hmmm maybe i should look in it then... probably save me a fortune in prescription lenses!

No eye-injections or horrific tales during the procedure you want to tell me about? :shock:
Actually my left eye popped out of the socket and started to fall down the side of my face but lucky for me the hot nurse had quick hands and grabbed it before it hit the table and smoooooooothly pushed it right back in.....I look a little funny now but that is why I always were my sunglasses.....so nobody can see that my eye just never looks like it's sitting just quite right.

I wore contacts for 15 years before I decided on the LASIK. I had a high astigmatism, so my contacts were specially made for my eyes. They were very expensive, roughly $700-$800 per year. Not to mention, they weren't very comfortable. They were weighted on the bottom, so every time I blinked, the contacts moved and I lost focus for a split second. They weren't very breathable either, so my eyes became very irritated by the end of the day. So I decided to bite the bullet on the surgery. It cost me $3700, and to this day is the best $3700 I've ever spent in my life.
The procedure was super quick and I was back to work after a day of rest. My vision is now 20/15 and I can comfortably wear my Oakleys forever! Not to mention, I don't have to worry about contacts or glasses ever again. It's about the best feeling in the world. PM me if you want to chat more.

Actually my left eye popped out of the socket and started to fall down the side of my face but lucky for me the hot nurse had quick hands and grabbed it before it hit the table and smoooooooothly pushed it right back in.....I look a little funny now but that is why I always were my sunglasses.....so nobody can see that my eye just never looks like it's sitting just quite right.

:biggrin: It's more the idea of somebody taking a needle or a scalpel to the eye to anaesthetise or cut the flap, but having just done a bit of reading it all seems to be pretty straight-forward, quick and laser-based these days.

GH4AU - Thanks, PM coming your way :drinks:

Back