• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Blades

I'm having a hard time getting the fit on these, ir ordered the matte/black ird with my 25% discount. Got them 2 days ago and they ride left side of my face more than the other right on my eyelid almost, if i put the nose pieces closer then I can't push frame up against my brow and sun come from the top uggh. I don't see that the frame or hinge can be bent inward like a metal one. I sometime's have to bend a hinge on a metal frame in to get it off the left eye some but no problems with o matter.

Also, has anyone noticed the Black Iridium doesn't seem to be as heavy on these, when in the car I noticed if not direct sunlight you can see my eyes, unlike some older pairs with Black Ird I have and other iridiums.

I'm in the same boat, if I have them close enough so sun doesn't come in from the top, my eyelashes hit the lenses (drives me crazy) and if I move them off so that doesn't happen you get too much light coming in from top.

Noticed this at my local vault. Seems the QC is inconsistent I dunno
jydagaza.jpg

I took a cleaning cloth and folded it up and wrapped it around the hinge and used some smooth nose pliers and was able to bend the hings a tad. They now set just enough off both sides so eyelid doesn't touch. Still irritates me that these are a premium Sunglass and the iridium isn't heavy enough to conceal the eyes, yet it is on a pair of flak or fast jackets.

Is this an issue for seeing eyes in the titanium or ice?

Wow that's some quality control they've got going. I'm wondering if they were like that out of the box, or if customers at the Vault bent the nosepiece. Either way, that's pretty crappy considering the price point.

I agree the iridium could have been a little darker, but I have not worn my pair out in the sun light yet. I think the nose pieces being flexible enough that you can move them to fit how you want on your face is a major plus.
The only down side I can think of right now is that the top of the lens on the inside is exposed to your brow and sweat. These would need to be cleaned after every use to prolong the lenses.

Wow that's some quality control they've got going. I'm wondering if they were like that out of the box, or if customers at the Vault bent the nosepiece. Either way, that's pretty crappy considering the price point.
I'm not sure cause I adjusted my nose piece and that did not happen to me. I also noticed the 2 Ferrari and 2 bip CB at my vault both had defects either on the lenses or the frame. I know the CB are selling and Oakley should not lower their QC just to get the items out on the market.

Also I know they are not anzi z87 rated lenses would that possibly be the issue with the light iridium coating that some people have?

I've finally determined what I think leads to a bad fit on these, the nose piece is too long/tall. Comparing how jackets and other wires I have fit I think if the nose piece could be shortened half the length of the nosepad these wouldn't ride above or even with my brows but below them like other glasses.
I've had them a week still debating on returning them for a refund.

Back