• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Fiber Kill Switch vs. Polished Blue Dial Minute Machine?

Depends on purpose for me. Polished MM looks great, pretty to look at in the case. I would wear infrequently, special occasions, dress attire. Kill Switch makes a great daily wearer for me, can change the look and takes a beating compared to a polished MM. A bit lighter and I am finding it comfortable too.

Polished MM will be like Romeos in 10 years. Ok maybe not that good, but people will be after them

+1 MM. I personally have both but after splurging on a lot of watches recently I had to return the polished blue (just because I can get more from the refund). If given the chance, I would buy the MM again. The polished finish looks amazing and definitely gets attention! Only problem with the polished finish is that even if you take care of your watch it will get scratched (mine developed micro scratches between the bracelet joints from rubbing between one another). Way I figured there is no going around this... Unless of course if you don't use the watch. This flaw is from the polished finish itself but overall, the design language of the MM far surpasses the KS (at least for me, this is open for debate of course). I personally love the brushed finish! Very easy to remedy scratches too! :)

I'm the minority here but I love carbon fiber and titanium. Kill switch all the way. I like the MM but it's just not my style and honestly I love the UO band for daily wear.

I think Im going to pickup the killswitch tomorrow. I tried the MM and I love it but I think I can find one on here when the time comes as it will be something that I wear on occasion. Thanks everyone for the feedback in here and opinions

Id go with the MM, design wise MM wins because of its agressive design and very eye-catching looks that shouts oakley from a far, ive had alot of compliments with my MM, KS is nice for daily wear and can change its looks in an instant. Buy both if you can

Id go with the MM, design wise MM wins because of its agressive design and very eye-catching looks that shouts oakley from a far, ive had alot of compliments with my MM, KS is nice for daily wear and can change its looks in an instant. Buy both if you can

That's my eventual plan to get both. I know I'll be able to find a MM 2nd hand but may take a little while to get exactly what I want. Thanks for the thoughts!

I think Im going to pickup the killswitch tomorrow. I tried the MM and I love it but I think I can find one on here when the time comes as it will be something that I wear on occasion. Thanks everyone for the feedback in here and opinions

Honestly, I get more comments on my Killswitch with the "crackle" SS Fuel bezel than any other bezel. It sort of gives it a bling look---but upon closer review it's just lines and cracks. Good luck in your final decision!

Latest Posts

Back