• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Juliet help/advice please

hybrid90

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi. Just acquired a pair of Carbon Juliets w/Blk Iridium Polarized. Lenses are in near perfect condition, but the frame is a bit... worn. So...

First, I noticed that the frame has no serial or model number (I've had Juliets before. One pair had a serial, the other didn't), is this normal as I've heard that some generations don't have a serial/model number.

Second, the entire nose section is extremely loose. Is this something that I can fix myself or do they need to go to someone who can fix this (or go to Oakley), and if they do need to go to someone, does anyone have recommendations?

Lastly, the frame is a bit scuffed on the top of the frames above the lenses, but it appears to be badly pitted (could even be classified as dinged) on the front of the frame above the lens. Logic tells me that this is something that can't be fixed without completely stripping and redoing he entire frame. Am I correct in this thinking? It's not THAT important as I will be keeping and wearing these, but tightening up the frame is important to me.

Any advice, help and/or info would be greatly appreciated and thank you all so much for the great discussions.

Hi. Just acquired a pair of Carbon Juliets w/Blk Iridium Polarized. Lenses are in near perfect condition, but the frame is a bit... worn. So...

First, I noticed that the frame has no serial or model number (I've had Juliets before. One pair had a serial, the other didn't), is this normal as I've heard that some generations don't have a serial/model number.

Second, the entire nose section is extremely loose. Is this something that I can fix myself or do they need to go to someone who can fix this (or go to Oakley), and if they do need to go to someone, does anyone have recommendations?

Lastly, the frame is a bit scuffed on the top of the frames above the lenses, but it appears to be badly pitted (could even be classified as dinged) on the front of the frame above the lens. Logic tells me that this is something that can't be fixed without completely stripping and redoing he entire frame. Am I correct in this thinking? It's not THAT important as I will be keeping and wearing these, but tightening up the frame is important to me.

Any advice, help and/or info would be greatly appreciated and thank you all so much for the great discussions.

Welcome.

They stopped serials at the end of 2004. Then they were completely unmarked until sometime in 2008 (aka "4th gen"), when they started marking them with SKU and frame size (aka "5th gen")

Look up member @THE X-MAN. He can certainly tuneup your loose nosebridge. He can also refinish them if you want though he can't reproduce carbon exactly.

X Man just redid a Carbon that was in the same shape as yours
I had him do Gloss Black on the finish
Ill post pics when I get them back if you like
I plan on Linegear red rubber and some other tricks to make these a Ferrari edition Juliet

OK Its hard to see in the epic how much blacker they are.
But Ill try to get better pics later when I get the lens etched and installed
So hope this helps some
Top is Carbon Bottom is Black
Then some stand alone pics

100_0033_zps2n8gwhah.jpg

100_0032_zpsnumqomzc.jpg

100_0030_zps5uxcty2q.jpg

100_0029_zpsjh8gqver.jpg

Did you go with a gloss black? Do you think it might've been a little closer to the Carbon if you'd gone with flat instead of gloss? BTW, great work on those. Can't wait to see the end result.

Did you go with a gloss black? Do you think it might've been a little closer to the Carbon if you'd gone with flat instead of gloss? BTW, great work on those. Can't wait to see the end result.

Yes Gloss trying to represent Ferrari So I wanted a darker Black then the Carbon.
and yes the flat will look closer to the factory Carbon

Latest Posts

Back