• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon or x-metal Juliet.

Carbon or x-metal juliet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
X Mans black Cerakote is stellar.....waaaay better than OEM Carbon.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455727417.045584.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455727427.483028.jpg

If it's really that bad, send it back. Get something you don't have to pour money into.

X-metal (the finish) grew on me over my collecting career, it's probably my favourite standard finish now. Still, I'm no advocate of refinishing for the sake of it either.

X Mans black Cerakote is stellar.....waaaay better than OEM Carbon.

View attachment 223522

View attachment 223523
This! I couldn't believe how amazing his black cerakote finish was on the pair I had done for my brother. Seriously, flawless and beautiful... I will have to do one for myself for sure. BUT, if you don't have one in Xmetal, I'd go with that (or, better yet, buy one in xmetal ;) ). So, if you aren't going to buy another one, xmetal is my vote. If you will add more in the future, the black cerakote X-Man does is second to none!

I think it depends on the lenses you plan on using. I personally love the carbon and black iridium combo. But there are definitely some colors that I don't think fit carbon that well like the blue ice iridium.

Latest Posts

Back