• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Shift/SF16-C takedown model

I'm struggling on these pairs. No where here locally have them and would have to order online. My favorite pair are my Prizm Martime Five Squared beause of how they fit my face. I had been looking at the Valve's but I havent pulled the trigger yet because I didnt love them. Can anyone who owns a pair of the Carbon Shifts relate how they fit compared to a five squared or straight jacket?

I'm struggling on these pairs. No where here locally have them and would have to order online. My favorite pair are my Prizm Martime Five Squared beause of how they fit my face. I had been looking at the Valve's but I havent pulled the trigger yet because I didnt love them. Can anyone who owns a pair of the Carbon Shifts relate how they fit compared to a five squared or straight jacket?
I sold the fives sq awhile ago (too small for me) but honestly I think the Shift is a very versatile frame.

ed193e4e749c62d79f509c976b6b1071.jpg
848c3f6cf85ded87c38eb454430bf2ac.jpg
4f42fefbfd017105d8a922d8ad8c9cf2.jpg
0b22a266c50cf11005ced0d4cfe5a0ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I've seen a couple of pics of people with a
Carbon Shift with Matte Clear frame and VR28 Black Iridium Polarized lenses. Are these readily available or how do you get a hold of these?

I've seen a couple of pics of people with a
Carbon Shift with Matte Clear frame and VR28 Black Iridium Polarized lenses. Are these readily available or how do you get a hold of these?

I know somebody who has one, and no they're aren't readily available. Some were distributed as pre-release samples but the colorway was never released nor sold. To get one you have to luck out stumbling across a pair somebody has, or know the right people.

I sold the fives sq awhile ago (too small for me) but honestly I think the Shift is a very versatile frame.

View attachment 245320View attachment 245321View attachment 245322View attachment 245323

Thanks for the help guys and Stanleybb. I was finally able to get my hands on a pair of carbon shifts and was very impressed. They felt amazing on my face and were very light weight. Now I'm just trying to decide between sapphire and Jade. I like the jade color but have not seen too many people post that they've tried them on and how they look compared to the sapphires. Sapphire is definitely the most popular color on this thread. Any insight on Jade? thanks for everybody's help

View attachment 245320View attachment 245321View attachment 245322View attachment 245323

Haha 4. Still no regrets on getting them all. :)

-Tungsten Polar
-Torch Polar
-Prizm Daily Polar
-Sapphire

Then just some more misc pics. I had posted others somewhere else previously (like close ups of the Torch) in the thread.

Sapphire might be my favorite pair to wear. Great to look through and at. Despite no polarization. I swear I don't usually notice polarization except for not liking the look at LCD screens, and like that weird look to wet asphalt, and car windows that are likely polarized to an extent.

Put it this way - I've yet to understand the benefits or feel the benefits first hand of polarization. Only the slight negatives... Haha. (I know you didn't ask...) :)

View attachment 228028View attachment 228029View attachment 228030View attachment 228031

Can you see your eyes through the prism daily?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Depends on frame and how they fit you / what sort of light leakage you get.

Sorry, I meant thru the front. I had straight jackets with grey polarized and I hate how you can see my eyes thru the lens. Just trying to decide between jade, sapphire & torch

Last edited:

Quick question for you StanleyBb50,

What was it about the Jade lenses you did not like? After trying on and tested multiple lenses in the last month I'm now going to buy a pair of carbon shifts, either the sapphire or Jade. I love the way the Sapphire looks but the Jade seems a little bit more subtle. Was just curious why of your collection it wasn't one that made it. Thanks for all your help

Back