• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon X-Squared Picture?

DropkickMurphy915

Oakley Beginner
NYC
Anyone have a picture or two of the carbon XS frames? I'd like to get an idea of what they actually look like, as I have a second chance offer for a pair on eBay that I'm considering taking, but I don't like how they look in the seller's pictures. They definitely look very gray in the seller's pictures, though others look like a nice matte black and I'd like to see some of yours before I pull the trigger.

pictures make it hard to tell. best bet is to go to a store and check them out. or do a google search and get an idea based on all of the different lighting conditions of actual pics others have taken. they're definitely black but under bright light you can see traces of bronze in mine. if you're getting a decent deal and you're unhappy with them, you probably won't lose any money if you put them back up for sale.

That's the thing, I've been to every Oakley store I've got within an hour of me and nobody has the carbon frames, or the polished carbon which is what I'd really like but at this point I'm thinking about settling while I can still get them. I've never seen them look bronze, the ones I have a shot at definitely look gray due to the lighting.

I've seen that thread, I'm looking for a picture of the regular carbon frames because I have a second chance offer on those and I'm not really sure if I'd like them. I actually found the polished carbon locally but I really don't want to pay $435.

I went home at lunch to shoot these for you (also to have some awesome gumbo that Mrs Carguy made last night).

Hope they help, a Polished / Polarized (thx again Infinite Andrew) and a Ducati:

8027360961_90ec0e19d1_b.jpg

8027357404_c4d112e807_b.jpg

This is how my carbon ducati looks like, i do not have a polished carbon though
198294_10151036954672394_103429067_n.jpg

Thanks guys, I appreciate the pics. There's definitely a noticeable difference, but I think I could live with the carbon if I can't get my hands on the polished carbon.

Thanks again. I have a line on a pair of polished carbon's that I can't get to until Friday, so I'm going to hope they're not gone.

Back