• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon X-Squared Picture?

There's definitely a noticeable difference, but I think I could live with the carbon if I can't get my hands on the polished carbon.

Agreed the difference is minute but polished is just a smidge classier. At the end of the day they're both X Metals though!

Agreed. I was originally going to buy a pair of Juliets but I hate how they look on me, that style of frame isn't my kind of thing. Hopefully when I get out to the O store on Friday they'll still have the polished carbon XS and I can see them in person before buying anything. I think they'd look great with the black leather jacket I've got coming. I mean I can live with the regular carbon if I have to settle for those, but the polished looks nicer.

My carbon/ruby:

lunettes-de-soleil-oakley-0.jpg

Prefer the matte black finish, look less plastic than polished one

I saw the polished carbon frames up close today, and while they have a classy look to them, I didn't really think they justified the price difference compared to what I can get the carbon ones for on the bay. I also thought they were too much like gunmetal for my tastes. They do look black in pictures, and from some angles in person but I think I'm just gonna get a pair of carbon/black iridium and be done with it. I love the frames and I need something close to black that looks nice.

Thanks for the help guys.

Back