• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Careless Shipping you've received

most of my horror stories are basically only a bubblewrap envelope, or just a regular envelope. i had a juliet with box shipped like that. when i filed the claim, the bastard had the nerve to claim the glasses were protected in a "foam lined box with a metal plate". except it was the xmetal coin, and the box was pretty much crushed flat onto the glasses. AND the "excellent condition plasma /emerald juliet" was loose and lenses were scratched to hell. that one pissed me right off.

another one was an eyeshade off ebay. the guy charged me ALOT for shipping- i figure hes sending it in a decently large box hence the price. arrives in an UNPADDED ENVELOPE.

just dont use envelopes of any kind for non flat items. EVER. freaking geniuses.

I've also had a fair few arrive in the Jiffy bag (padded envelope). No casualties ever though I'm very glad to say. People just do not think at all abut protecting the item or its original packaging. On the flip side I have received some extremely well packed items.

i've just bought a bnib ott and felt like a pretencious **** for asking the seller to make sure the box was put inside another box for shipping and not to put any tape on the ott box - but you do hear horror stories of the oakley box being taped down and an address label stuck on!!

i've just bought a bnib ott and felt like a pretencious **** for asking the seller to make sure the box was put inside another box for shipping and not to put any tape on the ott box - but you do hear horror stories of the oakley box being taped down and an address label stuck on!!
yeah theres an OTT on here that was subject to that

Just received 5* positive feedback from an eBay sale and the buyer said -
"Ridiculously fast delivery, but did you really need to use so much bubble wrap?

..........go figure