• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Case Conundrum

I already made a thread about some of this, but I thought the new developments deserve a new thread.

So here's the sitch: I ordered a custom pair of Fuel Cells 3 weeks ago (which still haven't even been built) then a few days later I ordered a Square O Graphite hard case to protect them. A day or two after that I got the backorder notification for the glasses and the case showed up as "backordered" on the order status on Oakley.com but I got no email about it. I emailed back and forth with the customer service people and they said they expected the case in stock "shortly". A week went by with no word, so when I found myself in downtown with some free time I walked over to the Oakley store and they had the case, so I bought it and sent an email to cancel the one I ordered online. A day and a half later, the order status showed "shipped" and a day later CS told me they couldn't cancel it because it shipped already. I just decided I'll return the one I ordered online. Then I went on a vacation for four days and when I came back tonight to my package waiting for me, I noticed part of the tape had been pulled off and the box was slightly open. When I opened it up, it looks like one of the cardboard flaps was torn off and shoved back inside the box (there's visible damage to part of the shipping box), then I noticed the box inside containing the case was also ripped and I took it out to reveal that it contained a Large Soft Vault instead. The box is the same one my Square O Graphite hard case came in, and it even has the label for that case on it. I can't decide if I should email CS about it, or just keep the case and carry on. On one hand, I got a more valuable case and didn't end up with two of the same ones and have to return one. On the other hand, it isn't what I ordered and the circumstances seem a little strange.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I would file a claim with the shipment company if the tape was tampered with. Technically you aren't even supposed to accept a package if it looks like it's been opened by somebody else.

If you like the case, keep it. You win. If you don't like it or don't have use for it, technically you still paid (at a discount) for it so it'd be a waste.

Latest Posts

Back