• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Case Hijack - Updated With 1000th Post

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
I have an older collection thread here but things have changed enough that I wanted to start over. If you want details on my first 11 pairs, you can see my original thread here:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/julietas-y-nada-mas-juliets-and-nothing-more.29798/

Anyway...

I don't have a display case. One of these days...

So, most of my Oaks have been in their mf bags on a convenient table so I can grab one on the way out. Plus a single-tier for what I was wearing today or most recently. Kinda a pain, sorting through all those identical bags looking for the pair I want...

This past month the house has been a disaster as we've been repairing water damage and doing some other upgrades while we're at it. I may not have a display case, but The Wife does, a double-wide equivalent from Ikea, for her Precious Moments figurine collection.

This case got cleaned out and moved during the repairs. After the new tile was in I put it back, but we waited for other work to finish before bringing her stuff back down. In the meantime, I've been buying a bunch of stands, enough for everything. So, on the spur of the moment, I hijacked a couple of her shelves for a week.

This was quick-and-dirty, not a lot of thought on the exact groupings. But here you go:
Top shelf - x-metals - my nine Juliets starting from the left, then my XS, Craters, and my latest pickup, half X in polished / gold iridium polarized.
Bottom shelf - water jackets and two pair of bottle rockets, rootbeer / shallow blue polar and black / BIP. Those are for doing things during which I don't want to risk my x-metals.

20140605_233758.jpg

20140605_233649.jpg

But yesterday I was evicted and the case is again full of big-eyed figurines. Here's what it's got now:
20140607_164514.jpg

And my Oaks are back on the same table they used to be, but now on stands:
20140608_115409.jpg

i like the depth of the shelves on that case! It looked good! goodluck in the case hunt. look for old dealers / sports stores

That case looked much better with your Oaks in it. You should kick her back out man ;)

lol - we had some neighbors stop by while they were in there. They sure noticed and commented on my Oaks a lot more than we've ever gotten from her stuff...

I agree your oakley's looked better in the case. Goodluck in finding one. It takes time and patience but one will show up eventually. They look nice on the stands also.

There have been some epic members hitting epic milestones lately, most recently atrain with his 5000th post.

This is my 1000th post. I don't think it's a big enough of a deal for its own thread, but I didn't want it to go by without taking the opportunity to throw out some love. Since the tradition seems to be to post your current collection with the milestone and I had just posted mine with the case hijack, I thought I'd just tack this onto here.

I really haven't been on that long, a few days shy of 5 months, especially compared to the senior members. It feels like a lot longer, though. I hope my posts have mostly provided more content and value than fluff, or, at least, some entertainment. Ideally, both... As of this writing, I'm up to 586 likes without whoring myself too much in the WOAYWT thread (though I've done some), so I take that as positive feedback.

So I'd like to thank everybody for your companionship on this forum. I've gotten to interact with and start to know a wide range of people here, and, aside from a couple of bumps, it's been a very positive experience. I look forward to getting to know you better as time moves on. Y'all are awesome. Special thanks to the senior members who've taken the time to have some good interaction with a newbie like me, with all the membership churn they've seen over the years.

Peace out, everybody! See ya in the threads...

Back