• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Case Light For Black Double Wide, Need Help.

Oakley-olic

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
SoCal
I have a black double wide that I am restoring and cleaning up. It came with what appears to be a 12V 20W halogen lamp. I can't read any other info. I was in a sunglass shop (not Oakley) and their black cabinet has lights with 3 small LED's in the same lamp. I would like to replace all of mine with these even if I have to replace the complete fixture. Does anyone have a source or info on these? Are they original newer version maybe? It was at a store so I doubt it was modified. Thanks for your help.

Update, researched a bit more. Looks like it might be MR16 socket but not sure.

I have a black double wide that I am restoring and cleaning up. It came with what appears to be a 12V 20W halogen lamp. I can't read any other info. I was in a sunglass shop (not Oakley) and their black cabinet has lights with 3 small LED's in the same lamp. I would like to replace all of mine with these even if I have to replace the complete fixture. Does anyone have a source or info on these? Are they original newer version maybe? It was at a store so I doubt it was modified. Thanks for your help.

Update, researched a bit more. Looks like it might be MR16 socket but not sure.

Ya, I am pretty sure its the mr16 2 prong. Just remember that LEDs use a lot less wattage than the 20 watt lights and a transformer should be pushing out ideally 60-80% its recommended max watts. Its may require a new transformer if you go low wattage bulbs but they are pretty easy to wire up and US are WAYYYYY better than that Chinese crap that comes with those cases. They are dangerous actually...

Thanks for replies. MR 16 is it, I will see if I can find some locally. If not Amazon. I want to work on it this weekend.

Back