• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Case Revits

I'm waiting on the shipment of some rivets that dimentially are very close. Once they get here, I will post up what the source and p/n is. The rivet setter for these solid rivets is expensive. If you were to find or make a forming block that is similar to the rivet head design, you would be able to use an air hammer to retighten the rivets from the backside. I'm planning on making the rivets like the ones on the case that are threaded. I'll post up a how-to when I get it all figured out.

Wow, thanks that would be great if you could provide that info.. we were actually going to look thru a lot of catalogs and online for stuff that was similar or going to work this weekend,

thank you

The ones I am trying out are from McMaster-Carr. They fit a 1/4" hole and are a low-profile wide dome head aluminum rivet. The p/n is 97484A345. The heads on these rivets are .020" larger in diameter and within .020" in head height. I went with the 5/8" long ones as that is the length of the threaded rivets that hold the top to the uprights. They are as close as I could find. I think they will fit well and blend in enough that you would have to be looking hard to notice a difference.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/119/3283/=nl9a2o

thanks for the info, I went ahead and placed an order for the same rivets to see if they are what we are looking for..

Just curious, did you have them shipped ground? If so, how long will it have taken if you got them Monday?

If yours are just loose you can try to stake them on or peen the tail over.

Had I seen this earlier I could have grabbed my calipers before heading home from work and gotten exact measurements of what my cases have.

If yours are just loose you can try to stake them on or peen the tail over.

Had I seen this earlier I could have grabbed my calipers before heading home from work and gotten exact measurements of what my cases have.

back side of the rivet measures 0.270", Id assume it was .250" before being smashed. Head is ~0.471" in diameter and ~0.080" tall. Overall length is ~0.61"

The heads of the rivets on my case are .650 and .110 tall, the stem is .250x.6285". I'm not sure on the name of my case, but it's an aluminum one with the I-beam corners.

Back