• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cases - Xmetal Soft Vault And Large Metal Vault

I have a few (3?) of the larger X-Metals vaults, all 9" round and just under 8" long. All my metals fit in the larger X-Metal and either of the 24K soft vaults just fine. :) The C SIX is also quite comfortable in there!

I measured my X2 24K soft vault, it is just a 1/8" or so over 9" in circumference/"round" and just under 8" long. The Juliet 24K soft vault is the same. This makes them close to the same as the larger X-Metal soft vaults. I say close as I do believe the contour of the 24K vaults is more round, perhaps due to a higher quality. I can tell you that in my R1 test the R1 fits a little easier in the 24K. The same R1 will fit in the large X-Metal vault just fine, but I have to kind of key it in a bit sometimes. The 24K vault seems easier. I will get pics sometime soon... The measurement did not surprise me as the 24K soft vaults also feel a little "bigger" [than the large X-Metal soft vault). Maybe that is because they are more round than oval? I am measuring just over 9" circumference instead of just about 9" exact so I might be really tired and not paying attention or they may have made the 24K vaults a tiny bit larger to accommodate both the X2 and 24K? This could also have to do with the circular design of the 24K case compared to the large X-Metal soft vault. I do not have a standard X2 case to test but I have had enough in my hand to say they are way closer to round than oval. I am interested to hear what RoTors finds...

I no longer have a smaller (~7" long) X-Metal vault. I did at one time and it annoyed me when I would grab it so I got rid of it. It was the 1" or so on the length that prevented fully closing the vault if there was anything worth closing in it. The same goes for the lame ass IH soft vault and O-icon soft vault, both are also the 7" shorter style. I only keep one of each to have one of each. They don't get used as they are all but useless for the X-Metals I wear the most.

Seriously though - I will do some more specific measurements and weights with pics soon.

And for those metal torpedo cases the 'larger' ones are the same length as the smaller X-Metal soft vaults, @ ~7", so No... they do not fit most X-Metals for the same reason as the length of the smaller X-metal vault. Note that you can fit a 'SIX in there for safe transport if ever needed, it is a tight fit, but it works!

I looked and could not find our tape measure and I wasn't going to wake up the wife to find out where it is.

So I could only do measurements using a straight edge off my level. I will see about grabbing the tape measure tomorrow and doing better measurements with it.

With the XS vault the measurements I got were:

From the longest portion:
Just a hair over 7.5 inches
From the center (middle of zipper to middle of non zipper side) it measured 2 15/16th inches.

From my shorter soft vault the measurements were:

From the longest portion:
Just a hair over 7 7/16th inches
From the center (middle of zipper to middle of non zipper side) it measured 2 3/16th inches.