• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

CCM Supertacks

OakleyGuru379

Professional Lens Scratcher
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Illinois
image.jpeg

Anybody else going to try this? Winning $900 skates would be sick, but man, I would have no business wearing a skate this advanced lol!

I ponied up for a pair of XXXX, Bauer's top level pro skate at the time, when I was playing consistently. I ripped the holder off, the skate was too rigid and instead of flexing a bit it just popped rivets. I went back to my mid-level $150 skates after that.

I ponied up for a pair of XXXX, Bauer's top level pro skate at the time, when I was playing consistently. I ripped the holder off, the skate was too rigid and instead of flexing a bit it just popped rivets. I went back to my mid-level $150 skates after that.
Yeah i only have the mid level Tacks, plenty stiff for me. If you want to see something funny, check out nhl players losing their blades on youtube. The only time you will see the worlds best skating like they just learned how. Pretty entertaining!

I saw a girl at the rink last week, had to be 13 or younger skating around in a pair of $900 Bauer Nexus skates. She was excellent, but at what point does an amateur, especially a tweenager, need a pair of $1k skates? I know guys that have skated for thirty years, that could make me look terrible on the ice, that still wouldnt need skates like these supertacks, or Nexus.

Last edited:
That is some hard skating to rip the holder off! I have only seen that once, and the guy had been hauling ass! He still kept it together for about five seconds, skating with one good boot, the other holder sticking straight out of the ice like a meat cleaver, and he still almost scored on the goaltender. That guy had dirty skills.

Yeah Bauer makes nice skates, but ever since all skates switched to composite, only CCMs have fit my wide feet.

Latest Posts

Back