• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cellphone carriers

gs300

Oakley Expert
Elizabethtown, Ky
Anybody on here work for one of the major cellphone carriers? I can't freaking get a deal on 5 lines of service everybody is freaking nuts. $$$ help me out

Anybody on here work for one of the major cellphone carriers? I can't freaking get a deal on 5 lines of service everybody is freaking nuts. $$$ help me out
doesn't sprint have a big family deal

I pay 190 for 2 lines. Att
I am thankful for my government employee discount... That and my phone is almost paid off.... It will be $130 after this month. I have a smartphone and a tablet.

See whether you can get some kind of discount based on your employment, @gs300. Heck, Sprint and some credit unions have partnered to give a 10% discount off the service.

I bemoaned the price of cars in the UK compared to the US in the "grind your gears" thread, but at least our mobile phone tariffs are cheaper!

I bemoaned the price of cars in the UK compared to the US in the "grind your gears" thread, but at least our mobile phone tariffs are cheaper!
If I could get away with a flip phone and no mobile data, I'd be on Cricket, like my aunt. $25 for unlimited talk and text (no picture messaging nor data). That smartphone is one hell of a drug, though. I initially had my mom and aunt on a family plan with me, but with one being loquacious and the other not really talking much, it was actually cheaper having them on prepaid plans. I actually put $25 on my mom's AT&T prepaid every 3 months...

all I can say is if Verizon ticks me off, I have a fat balance that I can use towards AT&T service.

I am also bemoaning the prices of these top of the line smartphones.... DAMN DAMN DAMN. That and those extra draconian Verizon policies... bummer for me and my old unlimited data.

~$40 a month for unlimited minutes and texts with 20GB 3G data and unlimited 4G data on an iPhone 6 for me. There was a cost for the phone in addition but only cos I went 128GB, I think 16GB phones were free.

~$40 a month for unlimited minutes and texts with 20GB 3G data and unlimited 4G data on an iPhone 6 for me. There was a cost for the phone in addition but only cos I went 128GB, I think 16GB phones were free.
Yep, you'd be laughed right out of the American cell stores, especially with an iPhone 6. That phone is not free on any carrier here with a contract LOL

It is a combination of high priced plans, high priced phones. The alternative is to cut back on something, like unlimited data with a throttle, get a cheap phone, or get a minuscule data allowance. Most of the carriers are getting away from capped minutes/text, though. I still have capped minutes and texts because I prefer having my unlimited data (and I don't have a desire to talk or text).

My plan: $32 for 450 peak minutes (unlimited nights/weekends), $10 for 1000 messages, $24 for unlimited data. I have a 2nd line for a tablet: $30 for 2GB. Then the junk fees push it past $100.

it gets worse for me if I pooled the data allowance for both devices. yuck.

Back