• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cerakote Frame Color for VR28 BIP

testcodes

Oakley Beginner
I scored a pair of VR28 BIP lenses for a Gascan. I haven't tried or seen them in person before but from what I heard they're one of the best contrast lenses out there. Lens should arrive in a day or two so in the meantime I'm looking around for a good frame to put them in.

My daily pair is a Matte Black Gascan with BIP lenses and a Matte Black Covert Two Face with Daily Prizm. So for the VR28, I'm looking for something other than black. I'd like to keep it simple, just one solid color, something dark like maybe gray, green, or bronze. Nothing too bright or fancy, just something classic looking color that I can wear everyday and is not black like my current pair.

Any suggestions on what Cerakote color would look good on a VR28 BIP?

I'm thinking about one of the following, but pictures online doesn't always reflect their actual color so I'm not sure yet:
- Tungsten
- Sniper Gray
- Sniper Green
- Combat Gray
- Burnt Bronze (a tad too bright but would look very nice if blended with a darker color)
- OD Green
- AI Dark Earth
- MIL Spec Green

Thanks

Matte sniper grey with dark red icons would look good. Try to get you some pics of sniper grey later. It's a dark charcoal color.

Running out of daylight here, but a few quick pics for your reference as promised. Sniper grey fives squared with VR28 BIP. Ignore the green icons, been using the Prizm maritime lenses in this frame. Any of the colors you listed would look good, hope to see pics of the finished product!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Running out of daylight here, but a few quick pics for your reference as promised. Sniper grey fives squared with VR28 BIP. Ignore the green icons, been using the Prizm maritime lenses in this frame. Any of the colors you listed would look good, hope to see pics of the finished product!

View attachment 267283

View attachment 267282

That is awesome thanks man. Even the green looks nice but I'm digging your first suggestion with the dark red even more

The last 3 would be a sweet combo. Once you have chosen you should post pictures.

I wish I could afford more than one they do look awesome

That is awesome thanks man. Even the green looks nice but I'm digging your first suggestion with the dark red even more

I wish I could afford more than one they do look awesome

No problem man! Enjoy your new lenses!

look up custom color mixes on different gun forums.
Jesse James Civil Defense Blue is pretty good looking in person. the cerakote website gallery has some neat custom colors.

View attachment 267283

View attachment 267282
I think this would be great.