1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. DConn

DConn Oakley Enthusiast

Figured I would change the look to my recent CL find that just came in after a long wait on it... What do you guys think about this combo? Fire with Red Rubber... Is it to much color?? Turned out pretty cool but definitely loud! :)

Changed The Look On My Recent CL Find... - ebay522_zpse394d759.jpg

Changed The Look On My Recent CL Find... - ebay521_zpsd92dfa4a.jpg

Changed The Look On My Recent CL Find... - ebay524_zps7c098f86.jpg

Changed The Look On My Recent CL Find... - ebay520_zpsa9c1eb18.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O

Those are sweet!

I'm thinking I need to add a polished XS to my collection...

3. MrMoonlight

MrMoonlight Oakley Enthusiast

The frames and rubbers look sharp, but...dunno if it's the camera...the fire lenses look very yellowish. Not the greatest fit (just being honest) together with the red rubber.

I think if you threw in some deeper colored Ruby Iridium (don't know how common they are for the X-Squared) or some Lingear Red Mirror lenses in there, they would look pretty sweet.

Eckstream1 likes this.
  4. DConn

DConn Oakley Enthusiast

Yep, I was thinking lastnight about Ruby Lenses when I put this together and could not remember if they were available for the X Squared or not. I will check Oakley's site and see as you are right something with a deeper Red would look really good. I really want some Positive Red Lenses but hate to spend all that cash on a pair of lenses and then have to pay to get them cut. It gets so expensive :(

5. erap

erap Oakley Collector

I could be wrong but looks like plasma frame...

6. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O

Yup... Ruby is available.

http://www.oakley.com/products/6587/24610

7. DConn

DConn Oakley Enthusiast

It's a polished frame but prob needs a good polishing :)

8. DConn

DConn Oakley Enthusiast

9. MrMoonlight

MrMoonlight Oakley Enthusiast

Yeah, they're available but what I was getting at was that since the X-Squared is a relatively "recent" x-metal, the ruby lenses likely look more "fruby" than deep ruby like the old ruby lenses did. So it may not be that much of a step up, if you know what I mean.

Linegear Red Mirror would work, since they are really quite red. Or +Red Iridium would look good as well...though they have a lot of purple in them nowadays...and +Red would mean a custom chop as DConn said.

10. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O

No prob... I've been buying up X Metal lenses lately since they've been discontinued.

Yeah... Fruby isn't my favorite either. But... They're OEM and don't need to be custom cut.
    If you swing in to a local store you can sort through all the different sets and find the least Fruby.... There is a wide range of differences in Fruby.