• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Changes To O-matter?

MTBer

Oakley Beginner
When comparing my Straight Jackets (newer model) to my old Fives from the 90's and my Twenties from the mid 2000's, it feels as though the O-Matter is now more "plastic" feeling than it was before, and maybe a little less flexible. Am I just imagining this?

You are correct. In 2000 the composition of O-Matter changed to a less brittle and more flexible composition. There is a higher amount of nylon in the O-Matter nowadays.
This is also the reason why older models are not safe to wear as they are quite prone to breaking.

Does anyone know if there has been a more recent change to the O-Matter composition? Some of the new 2013 models just feel different than other pairs. Style Switch is a good example. Maybe it's just the thickness of the frame or something...but the O-Matter feels different when compared to a Fuel Cell.

Could be source of product since production has moved to China. I would expect them to source local materials instead of bringing in regular supply from USA.

Does not mean that it negatively impacts quality. I'm sure the products still meet requirements, they simply may have moved to a foreign supplier of the same material.

As long as the material is the same, I don't mind if it comes from overseas. However, if they start using the same plastics as the fakes do, that's when I have a problem. Or if the level of quality starts to slide.

ill definitely say that just when comparing my frogskins - my marine fades feel distinctly different to my infinite heros which finally distincly different from the aquatiques. the aquatiques feel extremely cheap in my opinion.

Latest Posts

Back