• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to Change Oakley Batwolf Lenses?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24

Has anyone else experienced any issues with changing Batwolf lenses. I am always very careful when I change the lenses and for the second time, the lens has been slightly damaged in the middle right above the nose. The first time, it happened on a fire iridium pair. This time, it was on my damn jade iridium. It's like when I pull it out, the lens flexes and causes the iridium to crack and flake off slightly. I'm so pissed it happend to my jade iridium. It's not real noticable, but the fire I can easily replace, the jade not so much!

That sucks. I don't have a Batwolf, but my Half Jacket lenses are all chipping at the mount points. This is why i try not to change lenses too often. Wear and tear over time with the added risk of dropping lenses, no matter how careful you are. On the flip side, i was really excited when they came out with the switchlock that meant less stress and friction on lenses and frames.

That sucks. I don't have a Batwolf, but my Half Jacket lenses are all chipping at the mount points. This is why i try not to change lenses too often. Wear and tear over time with the added risk of dropping lenses, no matter how careful you are. On the flip side, i was really excited when they came out with the switchlock that meant less stress and friction on lenses and frames.
I dont believe switchlock was ever meant ot be fast, just a safer, less destructive way to change lenses, especially for radars where it's a shield lens that your having to change.

I am not the best at changing lenses, ive been known to scratch a couple iridium lenses due to my sloppiness of putting the lens into the frame correctly.

so hoenstly i never change lenses unless i am replacing them.

Is it me or do larger lenses seem much more difficult to change?
I had to take out and put in a antix lens into a different frame and the shield lenses are always the worst to deal with, the nose bridge piece is very tricky.

The shield lenses on frames with full orbitals do suck. I don't think the pairs look any better having a shield, either. I'd rather the Batwolf be a bigger Fuel Cell and the Antix be a bigger Hijinx and eliminate the shield.

Most of my M Frame lenses are scratched like crazy where they pop into the frame. Any kind of dirt in the lens channel and the lens just grinds on it when you pop it in and out.

Dude this happens all the time in the store!!! It sucks but there's nothing you can do. It's just a defect in the lenses. Oakley has 19 iridium machines in there factory in California. They run those things 24/7 and I mean all day every day. Some time dust particles build up on the nose bridge of the shield lenses because that's where the major clamp is that holds them to the inside of the machine. Once you have dust particles under the iridium coating all you have to do is just take a microfiber it one time and that iridium gloss is gone. I'm sorry hear but don't get down on your self to much. I just did it last week with a pair of jade radars.

Personally, i love the shield lens...looks better to me. I love the oil rig antix and batwolf!

Same here I never change the lenses on My flaks...I actually got a pair that was chipped already when I switched out the lens After seeing pics this is one time Oakley did send me replacement lenses without me sending the old ones in Since then what's there stays there...Md,Minute and SJ are a little easier on the lens when changing....I had heck of a time getting black iridium lenses into my Matte Unknown frames...almost gave up...finally snapped in...

On the Flaks and Halfs you gotta let the frame do the work. Pinch the nose and temple in each hand with your thumbs on the orbital and break the nose away from the lens.

I have a set of grey polarized Half XLJ lenses that are ruined because my dad always popped the lens up into the frame and the hooks are rolled over and wont snap into the frame anymore.

I hope that doesn't happen with my new Fast Locks, I'm finding myself swapping out the lenses daily.

Back