• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Changing Half-X Lenses

NiGHTSx2

Oakley Expert
San Jose, CA
Can anyone provide a description of how to change Half-X lenses? I got a pair of replacement lenses and they didn't come with any instructions. There is a tutorial on youtube, but they are using Walleva lenses and bending them like crazy (which doesn't seem like an option with Oakley lenses).

I tried removing the T6 screws and installing the lenses that way...but it was a nightmare reassembling the gasket/screw combo while holding the lens in place. For the other lens, I tried bending it into place, as shown on youtube, but managed to scrape some of the iridium coating off the outer edge of the lens :mad: I noticed that there is a tiny gap between the lens and the orbital edge of the frame. Is this normal? There's got to be a better way.

I "roll" mine in and out like a half jacket lens. To take them out, pop the inside out first then roll to the outside. To pop them in, put them in the outer edge, then roll them to the nose bridge. It's kind of tricky, but its the only way i know of. Or you could take them to an Oakley store and find an employee who seems to know what he or she is doing.

Thanks Guru. I remember another post on here a while back where one of the guys who works at an O Store said he hated it when people ordered custom Half-X, because he always had to fight to get the lenses installed. What an absolute pain in the butt these things are.

Be careful of your arms too. They had a problem with the hinges breaking, and now i heard if you ask Oakley to fix them for you they can't.

Back