• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Changing Lenses On A Consistent Basis? How Much Is Too Much?

alcapon1

I should Work at Oakley
West Side
So I find myself changing my lenses on my Holbrooks to coordinate colors about once a week...My question is ,,,,,is this bad or is there any potential risk from removing and placing lenses on a consistent basis?

Does anyone else do this? and is so have you had any problems with the Holbrooks specifically?

Oh, why does Oakley not sell the Jade lenses in the replacement section? Its part of the customs so.....why not?

depends on the frame. If it is molded in the color then no. If it has a coating (chrome, gold, white chrome) or is painted (metallic colors, team colors like pink, orange, yellow, etc) then yes. It will wear the coating/paint over time. Most of the frames are molded in the color but some aren't

I see exactly what you mean. I have some matte pairs so I assume it could possibly mess with the matte finish on the frame by the lenses over time. I am planning to own 3 Heaven/ Hell blacked out frames on the Holbrook and I want all the colored lenses for them so I can be 100% matching what I wear.I will probably switch it up with a clear smoke too or maybe a polish for such reasons. Thinking this is cheaper than owning every frame and colorway.

Latest Posts

Back