1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. alcapon1

alcapon1 Oakley Enthusiast

So I find myself changing my lenses on my Holbrooks to coordinate colors about once a week...My question is ,,,,,is this bad or is there any potential risk from removing and placing lenses on a consistent basis?

Does anyone else do this? and is so have you had any problems with the Holbrooks specifically?

Oh, why does Oakley not sell the Jade lenses in the replacement section? Its part of the customs so.....why not?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. tyler.carr.16

tyler.carr.16 Oakley Beginner

i do that with my frogskins about 2 times a week and have been for about 3 years. no problems so far

3. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

depends on the frame. If it is molded in the color then no. If it has a coating (chrome, gold, white chrome) or is painted (metallic colors, team colors like pink, orange, yellow, etc) then yes. It will wear the coating/paint over time. Most of the frames are molded in the color but some aren't

4. alcapon1

alcapon1 Oakley Enthusiast

I see exactly what you mean. I have some matte pairs so I assume it could possibly mess with the matte finish on the frame by the lenses over time. I am planning to own 3 Heaven/ Hell blacked out frames on the Holbrook and I want all the colored lenses for them so I can be 100% matching what I wear.I will probably switch it up with a clear smoke too or maybe a polish for such reasons. Thinking this is cheaper than owning every frame and colorway.