• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Changing Lenses On X Metals?

I got the wiha t6 screwdriver. I tightened it as i could possibly do without stripping the screw. But still loose.

They changed the mold of the juliet so the orbitals of early ones are slightly bigger than later ones. Not a big problem, shim up the lens by placing a thin strip of paper inside the lens groove if you want

BriP, damn... this makes perfect sense! I had an original Plasma Ice from 1999 and brought it in to HQ when the plasma finish wore off. They replaced my frame but because one of the original screws was seized, they gave me one new lens. The new lens fit the new frame perfectly. The old lens is slightly loose no matter how tight it is... thanks man!

But i just bought my juliet about 2 weeks ago and i ordered the lens online from oakley. So is it still normal? The lens does not rattle. But you could move it just a tiny bit from either left or right. I noticed it while i was cleaning the lens. Thanks for all your info guys.

I use a thin strip of black electrical tape doubled up,the tape is rubber and the glue will hold it in place until you install the lens.

I use a thin strip of black electrical tape doubled up,the tape is rubber and the glue will hold it in place until you install the lens.

This is a great idea. I have a few pairs that have loose lenses and it drives me nuts. I never thought to shim them a little bit. I'm going to have fun this weekend shimming Oakleys!

Back