• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Changing Lenses On X Metals?

May someone let me know which screwdriver is this on video?
Thank you.
Without looking at the video I'll just tell you straight out- buy a Wiha T6 driver. They are available all over from ebay to amazon and more. Make sure you get a precision driver, shaft size and handle finish are your preference. Absolutely top notch quality and from my understanding that's what they use at HQ as well. If you go the ebay route my preferred seller is kctoolco. Great to deal with.

Without looking at the video I'll just tell you straight out- buy a Wiha T6 driver. They are available all over from ebay to amazon and more. Make sure you get a precision driver, shaft size and handle finish are your preference. Absolutely top notch quality and from my understanding that's what they use at HQ as well. If you go the ebay route my preferred seller is kctoolco. Great to deal with.

+1... Wiha is top quality. Perfectly precision ground, very durable steel. I had an old craftsman T-6 that served me well but eventually got a little damaged removing a pocket clip from a knife and later ended up stripping out an orbital screw on some Juliets. I replaced it with a Wiha and it's ground was so precise that it was able to catch the bare remnants left in the stripped screw and remove it without having to drill it out or use my specialty extractors.

They're pricey but worth it. When servicing your x-metals, do you really want to economize on the tools you use?!?

I went with your guy's recommendations on the Wiha T6, loved it so much I orderd a T5 when I decided it was time to do a makeover on my Romeo 2's.

I went with your guy's recommendations on the Wiha T6, loved it so much I orderd a T5 when I decided it was time to do a makeover on my Romeo 2's.
You won't be disappointed. The fit is so precise that when the driver slides into the head of the screw it almost feels magnetic, that's how tight and securely it fits.

Oh, I'm definitely not dissapointed. I went with that recommendation month's ago from the thread, "Do you have the right tool". I wouldn't even consider another brand if I ever need to replace for some reason.

Except the T6 screw driver and the replacements screws what else need to order ?Is Linegear the best supplier?
Thank you.

Except the T6 screw driver and the replacements screws what else need to order ?Is Linegear the best supplier?
Thank you.

What are you starting with? If all you're doing is swapping lenses on a complete pair of frames, you need nothing except the screwdriver and the lenses.
You only need replacement screws if the existing ones are stripped or otherwise trashed.
You only need replacement gaskets if the originals are missing or you want to change gasket color (linegear). If you don't lose them, the originals should last longer than the original rubbers...

Back