• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Changing out the "O"

mikefraz

Oakley Beginner
So I'm one of those guys that can't leave well enough alone. I love the green cerakoted Gascans, but don't really care for the 5.56 black "O" that comes on there. I see that one of the tan cerakoted Gascans has the American flag "O" design. Is there a way to switch the O's? Is it as easy as heating it up with a hair dryer and peeling it off and placing the new one in? Would I even be able to buy just the "O" without having to buy both pairs of Gascans?

You can't buy O's separate for the Gascan frame but you can definitely swap them around.

I swap my Holbrook and Radar O's quit often. If you use a very fine pin to get under the O you can peel it off. Just be careful not to damage or rip the adhesive material underneath it. Try and be a little gentle while raising them off the frame.

So I'm one of those guys that can't leave well enough alone. I love the green cerakoted Gascans, but don't really care for the 5.56 black "O" that comes on there. I see that one of the tan cerakoted Gascans has the American flag "O" design. Is there a way to switch the O's? Is it as easy as heating it up with a hair dryer and peeling it off and placing the new one in? Would I even be able to buy just the "O" without having to buy both pairs of Gascans?
Soaking them in hot water for a couple minutes helps loosen the adhesive that holds the icon to the frame and makes it easier to remove. Then, as stated above, use a pin to slowly and carefully apply even pressure to pry the icon up.

Back