• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Chasing Cases......Roadtrip To Nebraska.....

I actually brought about 200 CD's.....being an audio purist which is my first real love I will NEVER own any kind of mp3 or compressing devices.....way to much depth, imaging and most importantly soundstage is lost. How can anyone justify comparing putting 12 songs on a CD and 10,000 or more on an iPod? Compressing a song is just wrong. This is a huge debate and I'm not gonna hijack my own thread with discussing music. I just thought Pantera was a good disc to start out the trip with.....lol
It took me a long long time to go from CD's to MP3's. Personally I try to rip CD's at 320Kbps only. I just hated CD's for being so un-conveniant for me. MP3 players like my SAMSUNG are so much more convenient for me. I listen to music through headphones 95% of the time so i got sick of carrying around a ****ing cd player and CD cases.
There's also FLAC and a crapload of other MP3 formats which are argued to be lossless.

Basically i just love the convenience factor. I hate Apple. never will and never have owned an iPod. Their audio quality sucks ****ing ****. I totally respect your love of CD's though. People will argue that CD sound quality is **** compared to original Vinyl though.

by the way, i can type **** here, but not ****? lame.

I actually brought about 200 CD's.....being an audio purist which is my first real love I will NEVER own any kind of mp3 or compressing devices.....way to much depth, imaging and most importantly soundstage is lost. How can anyone justify comparing putting 12 songs on a CD and 10,000 or more on an iPod? Compressing a song is just wrong. This is a huge debate and I'm not gonna hijack my own thread with discussing music. I just thought Pantera was a good disc to start out the trip with.....lol

:usa2:

If there were more people like you...my store wouldn't have been closed down :angry:

It took me a long long time to go from CD's to MP3's. Personally I try to rip CD's at 320Kbps only. I just hated CD's for being so un-conveniant for me. MP3 players like my SAMSUNG are so much more convenient for me. I listen to music through headphones 95% of the time so i got sick of carrying around a ****ing cd player and CD cases.
There's also FLAC and a crapload of other MP3 formats which are argued to be lossless.

Basically i just love the convenience factor. I hate Apple. never will and never have owned an iPod. Their audio quality sucks ****ing ****. I totally respect your love of CD's though. People will argue that CD sound quality is **** compared to original Vinyl though.

by the way, i can type **** here, but not ****? lame.

Hard to beat the sound of vinyl on a good rig....believe it or not.....

Latest Posts

Back