1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. qBan

qBan The Hijinxer

Werent you guys working on a chat box for the forum for members who are online to chat? i wonder what happened to this idea?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

Looked into it, and most were extremely expensive. And ones that weren't wouldn't be able to handle as many members as we have. The other issue, is if there is a chat box, and a problem is solved that would normally be solved in a thread, someone can't find that answer in the future if they have a similar problem.

I usually check every 3 months to see if any new chat solutions have come out that would fit our needs.

3. dann

dann Oakley Beginner

From my experience, the chat box doesn't get nearly as much use, and the forums continue like normal.

4. qBan

qBan The Hijinxer

ahh ok thanks Boss! i was just wondering if you got rid of the idea completely or not.

Dann, im sure the forums would continue as normal, i thought it be cool just to talk "live" to one another other than just oakley stuff you knw..

5. HDOakley

HDOakley Oakley Enthusiast

another thing is just maybe PM someoen their e-mail or instant messenger name if they have one.
    beome Oakley BFF's with someone here LMAO.