1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Malv1

Malv1 Oakley Collector

They look good to me but I am still learning so I want to see what you guys think... They appear to be the plasma/emerald and they need ear socks. I am waiting to find out if there is a serial number on the arm at all.

What say you?

Check These Juliets For Me... - GreenJuliet.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. bawitheba

bawitheba Oakley Enthusiast

They are plasma emerald looks like might be gen 1. Everything good for what I can tell. Need pics of the screws in the orbital and hinges.
    With that much separation in the nose piece looks like they might need a tune up. If you are getting the cheep enough and the screws are right. I say go for it.

3. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

looks good!
    if there is a serial#, then you are 100% safe :wink:

4. Malv1

Malv1 Oakley Collector

What is the significance of the screws? Do the fakes use Phillips head or something and not the T6?

5. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Have the seller take pics of all angles (side, front, rear, overhead) and we can give you a better idea. From the pics i can see the orbital gaskets are there.

Juliets only use T6 screws on the hinges and the orbitals. The only time i ever see phillips heads are on the wire frames. Never on X Metals.

6. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

Or some fakes don't even have screws, it's just a molded lump to give the appearance of the screws in the lower portion of the orbitals.

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

looks good. also, the flex couplers seem alright but check that anyways. i wouldnt pay above... $150 for it?

8. bawitheba

bawitheba Oakley Enthusiast

I don't remember where I saw a pair the other day. It looked perfect except you could see a flat head in the arms. I bet if you got them home the orbitals wouldn't separate.

9. Mr. K

Mr. K Oakley Enthusiast

Looks like you will need to buy the rubber for the arms too. Not that expensive but info used to negotiate the price.

10. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

oh also, plasma is prone to staining and discoloration, check for that too