1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

Hey guys. I know there are a lot of MM owners here. My buddy recently noticed that he had lost a bolt and washer w/o even knowing it. If you are like me and wear your MM about 90% of the time take the time to give each bolt a double-check and tighten periodically. As we all know hardly any O Store or Vault carries these as replacement parts on the spot warranting the dreaded "send in to Oakley CS" which can take quite awhile. At the same time ebay prices are insane for something like this. Just a quick heads up guys!

Check your Minute Machine! - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421531883.102434.jpg

double, <=>, discostu and 1 other person like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. GH4AU

GH4AU Carbon Fanatic Premium Member

Good advice @Dyeraudio! You don't want to lose those precious bolts/washers!

3. Oakley G

Oakley G Oakley Enthusiast

Yep, that will happen from time to time for pretty much any watch bracelet with screws. A dab of Loctite Blue (though some will recommend Purple 222 instead since it is much lower strength and easier to remove) will do you good and has been used by many watch collectors for years to prevent something like that from occurring. I use it on all my watches.

Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 from Loctite Adhesives

Last edited: 1/17/15
    GH4AU likes this.
  4. AGO

AGO Oakley Beginner

me too,To avoid this I use the "thread lock" (the lowest), and never had this kind of problem

5. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

Just tighten all my bolts on both my minute machine and hollow point. (Off topic) Make sure cape cod your watch with polishing cloth. Once a year make it look nice and shinny and clean!! Hide alot of the scratches too. My old watch is looking brand new again and all the bolts are clean and tight.!!

6. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

thank you for the head up - no problems with mine!

7. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Thanks for the reminder, haven't checked mine in lately. Quit awhile ago I had one come loose but didn't lose it.

Last edited: 2/23/15
  8. <=>

<=> Oakley Beginner

Love seeing people who use their stuff.

We're only here for a visit... life's short.

Thanks for the heads up.

9. Dr. Paul

Dr. Paul Oakley Beginner

I noticed a screw and thrust washer missing from mine. Luckily I had 3 extra links and used an allen wrench to screw one into the missing area.

10. Dennis Panlilio

Dennis Panlilio Oakley Expert Premium Member

@Dyeraudio Thanks for the heads up! I just checked my bracelet and sure enough there were some loose bolts. Phew! Really helpful post! Thanks again.