• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Chops Impact On Value

I think if a pair that normally has an etching has chopped lenses that devalues the original pair. What makes that pair unique and special is the etching on the lens. It sets it apart from a regular pair. If you own a pair with etched lenses and get a chopped lens then I don't see a reason why you wouldn't, keep the etched lens in good as shape as possible. If the original pair did not have etching the chopped lens is the same OEM color as the original then I don't see a problem. I don't prefer polarized lenses but I guess in a way if the original lens color was updated to a chopped polarized lens in the same color it does not devalue the glasses. Polarized cost more so the glasses will cost more with the chopped polarized lens. If the pair does not come with OEM lenses then I think the seller should include that the lenses are chopped in the listing.

But of course if you use the chopped lens as an every day wear lens so nothing happens to the original, and you still have the original lens, then the pair could be perfect!

Back