• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Chris H is the man

Go into your profile.

"Personal details"

The option should be there. If not then you don't have enough posts yet

I'd like to see more of the Dillon lenses on Oakley frames. I was thinking about buying a pair of Dillon's but don't care for there limited frame styles

By the way. Anyone see the new prop 65 in California? All of Oakleys polycarbonate /plutonite lenses now has been proven to have cancer-causing chemicals in it.
Ugghhhh, at least in the state of California.
So @flyer I might start wearing a mask to wade through my shop lol.

By the way. Anyone see the new prop 65 in California? All of Oakleys polycarbonate /plutonite lenses now has been proven to have cancer-causing chemicals in it.
Ugghhhh, at least in the state of California.
So @flyer I might start wearing a mask to wade through my shop lol.

Didn't look at it entirely but the few bits I read didn't seem to differentiate between pre-and post-production risk of BpA.

Can easily assume excessive heat or chemical breakdown would actually pose risk for a wearer, and maybe cutting if there's uncleaned residue. Obviously shouldn't eat it in the first place. Otherwise it kinda goes back to "well everything can cause cancer" imo. It'd be pretty crazy if it posed a threat in the sense it's radiating/decaying continuously at a significant rate — and this is assuming there's significant composition in the polycarbonate end product in the first place.

@Ventruck I think you nailed it. The state of California just hasn't set a safe level standard yet. Like you said would depend on consumption, or contamination in water, etc. As a consumer I'm not concerned.

Latest Posts

Back