1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Frogskins

Frogskins Oakley Expert

O.K. here's the deal ...

I bought a pair of polished white with ruby frogs for my niece for Christmas.

She's 21 and is away at college.

I have a pair of like new anti-freeze frogs which I never wear ... they just sit in my case.

So I was thinking of giving her the anti-freeze instead and taking the white ones for me.

I'll wear the white ones, but the anti-freeze are "too loud," which is why I hardly wore them.

HOWEVER, as most of you know, the white one are available all over the place for about 100 bucks (re-released recently.)

The anti-freeze are more collectible and as far as I know, Oakley has no plans to re-release them, so they may go up in value over time.

So keep the ones I'd wear, or keep the ones that will be worth $4,999.00 one day?

ha!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OBlazer

OBlazer Oakley Enthusiast

I would give her the white. I would actually probably give her the white regardless of the colectability of either... unless shes actually into oakleys, i think she will appreciate them more

3. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

You gift the anti-freeze to me for Christmas :) lol Jk I would just go with the white ones they are easier to replace if something happens to them.

4. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

I gave a close friend of mine a pair of Livestrong Fuel Cell's as a gift. Though they aren't anything super special, he didn't seem to appreciate them. They were scratched and scuffed about 2 weeks later.

5. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

i would say give the white ones. =)

6. Peeza21

Peeza21 African in the United Kingdom

Yea, I agree about giving her the white ones, definitely think the anti freeze ones are a keeper pair!!!

7. jk-27

jk-27 Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, if you won't don't wear the Anti-freeze what makes you think she will? Give her the white, no question about it.

8. Frogskins

Frogskins Oakley Expert

You all make good points ... white it is! Thanks for all your comments ...

9. crj

crj Oakley Beginner

go for somehting limited .. stpl ?

10. chrisbron

chrisbron Oakley Enthusiast

I vouch for white as well...