• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Christmas Vacation To Hawaii: Help Needed

luddy2009

Oakley Beginner
Ok, so I wanted to ask the Oakley forum for some help. I've been planning a nice Christmas vacation for a few years now. I really want to go to Hawaii for the week of Christmas.

So, here's my issue: I'm not sure if I want to spend my vacation on the island of Oahu (where Waikiki and Honolulu are) or if I want to go to the island of Maui.

Oahu has some of the best nightlife and a mixture of just about everything. Maui is about the same with less nightlife and more of a laid-back relaxation atmosphere in comparison to the hustle and bustle of Oahu. Oahu is more like the Los Angeles of Hawaii while Maui is more like the, I would venture to say, country setting. I've done some research and is seems like Oahu has it all when it comes to having everything but, Maui seems to as well; just more laid back and slower paced.

I'm 28 years old and I'm flying solo. So, I'm guessing that the hustle and bustle part would be somewhat of a welcome but, I'm not really a huge nightlife guy. I'm more of the relax when possible and do some sightseeing type. I'll be there for about 5-7 days. I want to snorkel/scuba dive, kayak, some surf lessons (never been surfing before), see some beautiful nature sights, and do some shopping and relaxing on the beach.

If going to Oahu, I was thinking about staying at Turtle Bay Resort on the North Shore to stay somewhat away from Honolulu and Waikiki for a more peaceful stay and then just visit as needed or wanted.
Not sure where to stay on Maui if I were to go there. Recommendations would be great.

Any suggestions would be great.

I'll be heading to Hawaii in October. I'll be on Honolulu, but i've heard Maui is the better option.

Kauai for me any day. Going back for 16 days in November. A bit of a crapshoot for weather though.

I went to Hawaii last year and it was fun . We took a 10 days vacation 3 says on big island 4 days in Maui and 3 days in Honolulu. The only thing I can suggest that u didn't like Honolulu as much because its so dAmm busy . Maui and big island were are best days . Honolulu is more commercial city if u are I to clubbing and stuff Honolulu is good . If u are into surfing and nature and more peace big island and maui

Back