• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Chrome FMJinx Project

Chrome FMJinx with Black Iridium:

p1070544z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
like the first project . . .
professional work!
how was it this time? hard like the first job?

The finish is really nice Herb, awesome work! I tried repainting some racing jackets in the past with the color changing auto paint and it was huge EPIC FAIL!
So mad props to you man.

like the first project . . .
professional work!
how was it this time? hard like the first job?

It was more difficult, because I was after the metallic finish this time - which I finally achieved.
I'll take more pics of these glasses soon in the daylight, as I took these tonight and the spotlighting in our kitchen hasn't really picked up the metallic finish very well on the pics.

BTW - I'm very keen to hear news from anyone who has actually had their Oakley frames 'chromed' by a bike-workshop / plating company etc.

I'm no expert in this area, but the only issue I can see with this plan is the coating would have to be very VERY thin - otherwise the lenses will not fit back into the recesses in the frame.

If it works - and is not prohibitively expensive - I think this would be an absolutely awesome idea.

Well you'd have to scrape a bit of the chrome off, but the finisher would do that free of charge most likely, and chroming plastic isn't like chroming metal, you have to go to a different type of place as most metal plating companies don't have the extra gear to do plastic, I only know of one (ive been looking) in my area that would be willing to do it, and he normally bids cheap and has good work, my offer is extended to everyone if ya want it, send me a disassembled item and pay shipping and I'll do it no problem

Latest Posts

Back