1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

So what do you think?? This pair got the total Chop workover. Frame was BEAT...Had been painted, twice I think. Icons super glued on, which I still have to finish, but here ya go. It even got the first ever Chop "Hand Job" hahaha...Get your filthy minds out of the gutter. This frame had to be fully color sanded first with 400 grit wet/dry, then 800, then 1500, and finished with 2000. After that, it got hand rubbed with a cutting compound, further polished with a finish cut/polish, waxed with Autglym (yeah, you Brits ought to recognize that) Super Resin Polish, and finished with Autglym Liquid Hardwax. When I say this pair got a hand job, they did...LOL...:dance3:

I did take pix of the frame after finish sanding, so I will get those up later tomorrow. They are on a different camera lol..This way you who aren't familiar can see what sometimes has to go into a great finish.

Cinder Jinx... - 422823_390682427610116_302052839806409_1518211_1061835158_n.jpg
    Cinder Jinx... - 427420_390682447610114_302052839806409_1518213_1095209150_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 5/26/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Those are sharp looking. Herb would approve!

3. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

wait til you see the sanded pix...Oh man they were ugly...The clear had an odd reaction with the catalyst and they fisheyed horribly...so that meant I had to either sand em and re-clear....again....and hope for the best and not build up too much material, or just polish em by hand...Which that generally isn't needed with the DuPont clear I use, but on a rare occasion it goes batty (no pun intended), and does it's own thing...

4. Herbsley

Herbsley Royal Duke of Hijinx

Wow. Whoever receives those is gunna be happy.

Heh heh heh.
    OK it's me.

The Cinder Jinx! It's alive!

Sounds like a horrendous amount of work. But worth it. Look at that!
    That Jinx had been thru hell. But once it entered the Dr's surgery and Chop uttered the phrase "We can rebuild him", you know it's only a matter of time before you're grinning like an idiot at some fierce pics.

Good work Doc.

Not long before I can start the Herb Towers ritual chant of "Hurry up, Postie". :laugh:

5. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

Ahhh yes, they were work, but yes, well worth it for you in the end. I invested in a new tool in the process that opened more doors, made a masterpiece out of a monster, and made something to make you happy lol.

6. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

wow. nicely done dude!

7. Herbsley

Agreed. :biggrin:

I think Cinder might just be my Kryptonite. I'm powerless against it.

A bit like 24k is to you, Jono. :smile:

8. Mrs H

Mrs H First Lady of Oakley Forum (IG pinkspottycow)

OH MY GOODNESS!!!
    They are AMAZING!!!
    Chop, you have outdone yourself!!
    Why have Oakley not signed you up!??!?!!?!?!?!?!? :confused:

9. Mrs H

Mrs H First Lady of Oakley Forum (IG pinkspottycow)

wonder if you could make a kinda pink version??? haha
    pink and sparkly.... mmmm

10. Herbsley

It is clear from this evidence that the Doctor of Chopanomics can do anything!

But what frame would you get done in "Mrs H Edition Pink Sparkly" ?
    THAT is the question.