• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cinder Jinx...

dr.chop

I should Work at Oakley
So what do you think?? This pair got the total Chop workover. Frame was BEAT...Had been painted, twice I think. Icons super glued on, which I still have to finish, but here ya go. It even got the first ever Chop "Hand Job" hahaha...Get your filthy minds out of the gutter. This frame had to be fully color sanded first with 400 grit wet/dry, then 800, then 1500, and finished with 2000. After that, it got hand rubbed with a cutting compound, further polished with a finish cut/polish, waxed with Autglym (yeah, you Brits ought to recognize that) Super Resin Polish, and finished with Autglym Liquid Hardwax. When I say this pair got a hand job, they did...LOL...:dance3:

I did take pix of the frame after finish sanding, so I will get those up later tomorrow. They are on a different camera lol..This way you who aren't familiar can see what sometimes has to go into a great finish.

422823_390682427610116_302052839806409_1518211_1061835158_n.jpg

427420_390682447610114_302052839806409_1518213_1095209150_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wait til you see the sanded pix...Oh man they were ugly...The clear had an odd reaction with the catalyst and they fisheyed horribly...so that meant I had to either sand em and re-clear....again....and hope for the best and not build up too much material, or just polish em by hand...Which that generally isn't needed with the DuPont clear I use, but on a rare occasion it goes batty (no pun intended), and does it's own thing...

Wow. Whoever receives those is gunna be happy.

Heh heh heh.
OK it's me.

The Cinder Jinx! It's alive!

Sounds like a horrendous amount of work. But worth it. Look at that!
That Jinx had been thru hell. But once it entered the Dr's surgery and Chop uttered the phrase "We can rebuild him", you know it's only a matter of time before you're grinning like an idiot at some fierce pics.

Good work Doc.

Not long before I can start the Herb Towers ritual chant of "Hurry up, Postie". :laugh:

Ahhh yes, they were work, but yes, well worth it for you in the end. I invested in a new tool in the process that opened more doors, made a masterpiece out of a monster, and made something to make you happy lol.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!
They are AMAZING!!!
Chop, you have outdone yourself!!
Why have Oakley not signed you up!??!?!!?!?!?!?!? :confused:

wonder if you could make a kinda pink version??? haha
pink and sparkly.... mmmm

It is clear from this evidence that the Doctor of Chopanomics can do anything!

But what frame would you get done in "Mrs H Edition Pink Sparkly" ?
THAT is the question.

Back