• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Circle On Lenses ?

Wags

Oakley Beginner
Hi got new style switch the other week. Both lenses have a circle with cross hatching lines on face side of lense, that can only been seen when foged up. I had a look on this forum and found a post with same question and good pics but can't find it again. In that post was suggested might be layers starting to peel but was inconclusive. Have called Oakley Aus they have no idea but said I could take them back.
Hoping someone here might have some ideas what this is. They have been like it since day 1. Will probably take them back next week and swap them over.

Last edited:
It is not the lens starting to peel. It is a very faint circle that looks like a water stain outline, right? I have had many brand new lenses with this. It is a slight defect from the factory. It will not affect vision or quality, so it would not hurt to keep them. But if it bothers you that much, take them back.

Hey thanks for reply been hard to find info subject. Sounds like that's it , they are a sold circle with cross hatching hair witdth lines that can only be seen when wet or with condensation. I can images its where a suction pump thing might have been holding on to them at factory or something and maybe is missing some sort of coating or layer.
I also thought they would have checked for these things at quality control, but I sapose they let it through because it doesn't affect vision. I will defiantly be changing them over with warranty.

So I took glasses back for replacement but found same problem on all pollerized style switch in two sunglasses huts, could not find on any other Oakley polarized or non polarized style switch model, so got refund. Is a bummer because I really liked glasses, lucky I had some old ray bans for drive home.

Back