• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

CL Pickup: GMT - Polished/Black (10-142)

SpliceD

Pronounced, "Spliced"
Los Angeles, CA
Since people rarely ever venture into the other sub forums, I'll post it here too. I picked up this GMT for $100 a week ago. It was filthy and the battery was dead when i went to go check it out. I took a chance on it since the seller seemed like a nice guy and we met at his place of business so if there were any problems, i would know where to find him.

Went straight to a jeweler and got the battery replaced and the bracelet steam cleaned of all the grime, gunk, and other nasties. Cost me $16.

7188014925_331e2f2c27_b.jpg

Works perfect now. It's in great condition, about 9/10. Polished bracelet has only minor surface scratches and the face is scratch free. The clasp is nice and tight and all the buttons and dials work. I also have the Stealth GMT, but that one remains unworn and brand new. This one is now my everyday beater and i absolutely LOVE wearing this piece. It's nice since i don't get to wear my sunglasses save for the drive home after work, so by wearing the watch, i have something Oakley on me at all times. Even while i'm typing this i glance at the watch and it makes me smile :smile:

Not bad for $116, right?

The GMT was one of my favorites. For a watch that has been long discontinued and still is going for around $300 on "The Bay" I would definitely say this is a great deal.