• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

CL Steal In Austin TX - Romeo 2 - $75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk my .02 people do the research amd get stuff lined up. Then we post it up someone sees our post does no actual work and gets a steal. Then the one pounding ebay and CL misses out. Just my thoughts

No worries on my part - already got my Oaks spending planned for the next 3-4 months out, don't need any extra temptations to be naughty...

And that's kinda what I think about WTB threads where people are looking for a great deal - if you want a great deal, go do the work to find one like everybody else. If you're gonna post a WTB, it should be because you're prepared to pay anywhere from FMV to top dollar... I can't see any other reason to respond to a WTB, unless you just want to do the guy a solid for whatever reason.

I agree somewhat, but if I have don't have an interest in it or its to far away from me.I rather see some one on here get it. Who has love for oakleys.. so keep me in mind for xmetals or display case near ohio ;)

So you think all the people that have those want list should pay top price too.for the items that are in their signatures that are on there every time they post .. I think its the same thing as Wtb every time they post..

So you think all the people that have those want list should pay top price too.for the items that are in their signatures that are on there every time they post .. I think its the same thing as Wtb every time they post..

I don't claim to have the definitive answer here, just my opinion and what I've gathered from others here...

I agree the wish list in a sig is similar to WTBs, but not exactly the same.

Remember, this forum started out purely as a discussion forum, and still is primarily a discussion forum. The exchange came later as an additional feature for the forum members. Unfortunately now it's evolved to the point where some members primarily live on the exchange and rarely participate in discussions.

So among those who participate in discussions, relationships can be built. And once you get to know and like somebody here, you now have a reason to do them a favor, if it comes to that. A sig file wish list fits more into that kind of usage (and more into the original spirit of the forum), IMO.

All I wanted to do was give someone a chance at something they may be looking for that lives close by. I am not driving to North Carolina, Tennessee or Florida for a pair of flipping sunglasses. Good grief. This whole thing got way out of hand over something stupid. I'm gonna quit posting on here if this is what this forum has come down to. It's really too bad. Some people have way too much time on their hands.

All I wanted to do was give someone a chance at something they may be looking for that lives close by. I am not driving to North Carolina, Tennessee or Florida for a pair of flipping sunglasses. Good grief. This whole thing got way out of hand over something stupid. I'm gonna quit posting on here if this is what this forum has come down to. It's really too bad. Some people have way too much time on their hands.

Hey man, if that's directed at me, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I'm absolutely not trying to criticize you in any way. In fact, if you or anybody else wants to post finds for other people to go for, I have zero problem with that at all. Nor would I feel like it's my place to police it even if I did. Again, very sorry if that offended you.

If anything I was venting a bit about some WTB activity lately in the exchange and the attitude of certain people who post them. But these posts were just to have a frank discussion about the concept, see if others felt differently, because maybe I'm wrong in my opinions. I'm really not trying to pick any fights or get on anybody's case.

And yes, I might have a little bit too much free time on my hands...

So, once again, sincere apologies. We good?

Hey man, if that's directed at me, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I'm absolutely not trying to criticize you in any way. In fact, if you or anybody else wants to post finds for other people to go for, I have zero problem with that at all. Nor would I feel like it's my place to police it even if I did. Again, very sorry if that offended you.

If anything I was venting a bit about some WTB activity lately in the exchange and the attitude of certain people who post them. But these posts were just to have a frank discussion about the concept, see if others felt differently, because maybe I'm wrong in my opinions. I'm really not trying to pick any fights or get on anybody's case.

And yes, I might have a little bit too much free time on my hands...

So, once again, sincere apologies. We good?
TROUBLEMAKER! :p
Just messing with ya. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back