• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Clarification needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you are breaking another rule. You need to please review our rules befor posting. You are not allowed to blast or call out other members publicly.

Your right Rusty M. I shouldn't have outed you publicly. Sorry about that buddy.

Please forgive our oversight in not removing that thread. We have tried to go through and clean up as much as possible when it comes to replicas. We rely on great forum members like you all to help us out and report these threads so that we can removed them.
Thanks and enjoy the forum!

BTW for those interested....here is a relatively descent write up about copyright on photography of products. Product photography and copyright law | SEQ Legal

Interesting and we will be sure to discuss as a Mod team. The thread is removed because of the replica rule - I understand your argument over the copyright law, however in order to protect the site, we have taken the stance to avoid any such postings on OF. We have received notes from Oakley's legal team in the past - and we are not looking to argue this point with them. Hence we are proactive in any imagery that contains Oakley designs, copyrighted logos, images etc.

Once again, understand where you are coming from, and will definitely need to review the law you have posted here further, but for now the rule stands in order to protect the site.

Best,

OakleyBoss

Interesting and we will be sure to discuss as a Mod team. The thread is removed because of the replica rule - I understand your argument over the copyright law, however in order to protect the site, we have taken the stance to avoid any such postings on OF. We have received notes from Oakley's legal team in the past - and we are not looking to argue this point with them. Hence we are proactive in any imagery that contains Oakley designs, copyrighted logos, images etc.

Once again, understand where you are coming from, and will definitely need to review the law you have posted here further, but for now the rule stands in order to protect the site.

Best,

OakleyBoss
Thanks for clarifying.

Thanks for the tag @OakleyFrankFMJ, came up for air to get some fair market values.

@Krank listings for my copies of an original work that I own were tossed also, due to a combination of a lack of knowledge about copyright law and concerns for respecting and not stepping on the Oakley brand.

Oakley allows this site to use it's intellectual property (the name Oakley) and some imagery. The site would likely not exist if it were not for their allowed limited use of the brand. So I understand Boss' reluctance to offend Mother O... and the fact that is easier to say 'no replicas, etc' than to understand copyright law. They're not lawyers and they don't want to be but on one hand they say "we need to stay away from that stuff" while with the other condoning the sale and trade of items that definitely belong to Oakley if you asked Oakley. Like: stands, merchandising materials, cubes, single wides, doublewides, splines, dog tags, etc.

But that stuff is almost literally a leg that this hobby stands on. You can in fact hear a pin drop in the other thread where @OakleyFrankFMJ asked this same question.

So its really pretty arbitrary what is allowed to be sold here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back