1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

alright so far all my metals and O-Matters are pretty friendly with water.. usually water + soap, then thoroughly drying the frames are a good way to clean them. But FMJ is.. well, FMJ. waht do we do?

Also, anyone know what the procedure is to pop Valve lenses out?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Not sure about cleaning FMJ frames, but popping lenses should be just like all the other O-matter frames. While pushing the lens out from the inside of the frame, bend try bending the orbital up.

3. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

ok so i push from the side my eyes are usually on right? haha. man FMJ is so..annoying lol.

4. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Yes. The side your eyes are on. Inside out.

5. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

BriP is more at home with t6 screwdriver's lol.

6. oogie

oogie Oakley Beginner

The cleaning and lens swapping info is fine. But a quick word of caution on swapping lenses on fmj frames. You run a greater risk on the fmj frames, especially older fmj frames (and Valve is getting pretty old, if that is the fmj in question), of chipping some of the fmj coating around the orbitals as you remove and insert lenses. I've chipped a little 5.52 off my racing jackets during lens swaps.