1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Seed65

Seed65 Oakley Beginner

Good day,

There has been a myriad of postings about how you should clean your iridium lenses and I did not want to rehash all of of that, but I have one question. I have used liquid dish washing soap (dawn, etc..) to clean my eye glasses and Oakley sunglasses (have non Oakley script lenses though) over 5 years now and have not seen any degradation of optical quality etc. I am purchasing some Oakley digital 00 Black Iridium lenses and I was wondering if would be ok to use liquid dish washing soap on the Oakley iridiums? I got a bit nervous when I read that Dawn may have some abrasive material, but I have not seen any issues, bt did not know if the iridiums are more susceptible to scratching than other mirrored lenses.

Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Just use mild hand soap. You are cleaning off oils and fingerprints, not baked-on food.

flyer and mercat like this.
  3. Seed65

Seed65 Oakley Beginner

Ha! I promise that I am not scraping off my baked lasagna :) Just smudges..etc.

4. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

Very funny!

5. Bigred

Bigred Oakley Beginner

Honestly you can run the glasses under the sink for a second on each side. take the micro bag and whip them off. Should be fine

6. Seed65

Seed65 Oakley Beginner

My initial post was really intended to find out if liquid soap (dawn, palmolive..etc) would be harmful to the Iridium lenses. Sometimes the microbag does not cut it.

I missed the fact there there was a sticky above with all this info. My apologies!

Last edited: 7/1/15
  7. real-OG

real-OG Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

IMO A little dish soap and water cuts through the oils, sunscreen, sweat, and grime that's accumulated on the frame, earsocks, nose pads, and lens. I even pop out the lenses and clean them every once in a while as a lot of times wiping the lenses pushes all the grime towards where the lens meets the frame and that's where bubbling occurs the most.

8. Jay-Da

Jay-Da Oakley Enthusiast

I have cleaned my lenses regularly with Dawn dish soap over the past 10 years and they still look brand new. Just a dot of dish soap and some water and I rub over the lenses with my fingers, dry with microfiber and it works like a charm...

9. applepro

applepro Oakley Beginner