1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. subysti2007

subysti2007 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I just wanted to know if you guys tried any cleaning solutions to clean juliet plasma frames without damaging it?:confused:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. wrist

wrist Oakley Collector

Itll be fine. I use it on everything, all frames, and even my cell phone, iPod, etc.

3. subysti2007

Any specific brand?

4. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

Well to clean frames i know some warm water and some light dishwashing soap works perfect. just rub it through out the frame and rinse it off

5. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

I want to say it was a Lenscrafters I went to one day at the mall. I stopped in to see if they have a sonic cleaning machine for glasses and guy said they did. He put mine in the tank and they came out great. Lenses and rubbers were left in. I asked him how much and he said it was free. He couldn't have been cooler about it. I walked out without spending a dime on anything.

6. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

I have the cleaner solution from Oakley store 11.00 dollars and they refill it when it gets empty.

7. wrist

wrist Oakley Collector

I assumed you were referring to the Oakley lens cleaner. Its my panacea for all smudges.

8. subysti2007

I have lens cleaner...im referring to the frame...do you use specific solution from home depot for metal cleaner or polisher?

9. wrist

wrist Oakley Collector

Neither. I use (Oakley) lens cleaner with a microfiber cloth and elbow grease for everything. It takes care of everything without damaging anything.

10. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Read my in depth guide on cleaning Oakley glasses, it will explain what's best for lenses and frames.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-s...3-how-properly-clean-your-oakley-glasses.html

I recommend not using anything other than Oakley's lens cleaning kit. Lens cleaners from Lens Crafters and other places are meant for prescription eyewear and have a higher alcohol content that can eventually corrode your lenses.