• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- Cleaning Up Simple Swirls, Etc., On Plastic/Acrylic ...

Zeke

- The Retarded Battle Continues ...
For something like the following ...
ccbd55a3-8c78-44ad-ba2c-6a45af23581e_zps8ddc4c69.jpg

... that has a few light swirl marks, & the like, ... is the following decent stuff that can be gotten out of a regular store? I mean Wal-Mart, AutoZone, etc., carries this stuff by the gross ...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AY3SR/?tag=oakleyforum04-20

Thank you for any feedback ...

When I got my double mega I washed all the acrylic surfaces completely with soap and water. There were a lot of fine scratches and hazy areas so I went out and bought this product called "Wipe New". You might remember it used to be advertised on TV for restoring plastic surfaces on cars and trucks. It comes with a two year guarantee and it works better than anything I've ever used before. Usually you wipe on some Mothers vinyl restoration or similar stuff and it looks no better a few days later. I used this stuff on my four year old truck last year and it made it look showroom again and even now the black exterior plastic trim surfaces are black as black.
Anyway, I used this on the plastic in my case and was really happy how most of the haze and scratches seemed to disappear. Wipe it on in just one step. Just make sure it's totally dry and sets hard after a few days before you start putting the shelves back in and setting up your display though.

Latest Posts

Back