• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Clear Lens'?

lefty91101

Oakley Beginner
Does anyone know if Oakley offers clear lens' for their sunglass frames? Or where I could acquire any? I spend a lot of time at the dirt tracks and thought it'd be cool to just swap out lens' once the sun fell instead of tearing up my polarized lens' with all the dust flying haha.. :cool-20:

What kind of sunglasses do you have? I know they make clear lenses for most of the sport frames. Check their website.

It will all depend on what frame you are using. Oak, might be already making it. If not then I, Dr. Chop, or Xmetalmaniac can possibly do a set for you.

I find myself using my Fuel Cells most weekends at the track they seem to stick closest to my face to keep "most" of the dust out of my eyes. But as you can see it can get to be a real chore to detail them again the next morning!
image_zps554c6e34.jpg

You should just invest in a pair of wind jackets. Those have a rubber gasket seal around the lenses to keep dust out. Pretty sure they also include the clear lenses as well.

Any Split Jacket can have the Wind Jacket accessory kit added, as well. I think the newer Racing Jacket works too, but I'm not too sure.

Those frames are made to swap lenses and open up to do so. Constantly swapping lenses on a Fuel Cell might end up stretching the frame a bit.

The style for the Split/Wind jacket definitely isn't there compared to the Fuel Cell. Not that they're not cool as well, just they're a different style.

Maybe consider a photo-chromatic lens. It would save you swapping them out all the time. There is a limited frame availability though.

Back