• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Closest To Oakley Spike? Jupiter Factory Lite?

theclub27

Oakley Beginner
I emailed Oakley and was curious what would be the closest to the spike, and they said Jupiter Factory Lite are a similar style as the Spike. Anyone have any thoughts, that have used both models?

Also how much better quality would titanium spike frames be to the normal C-5 alloy?

C-5 is heavier then titanium, not by much but there is a difference when holding duplicate frames made from different alloys. A titanium whisker frame vs a c-5 alloy frame is not much of a big difference as both are extremely light wire frames. The JFL is a carbon/aluminum frame, as compared to the titanium spike I don't know the exact weight comparison. I believe both are a narrow frame but the fit will be different.

The JFL fits more like a frog or a Holbrook, not as close to the face as the Spike. The Spike has much more Wrap than does the JFL. Although the JFL has slightly more Wrap then a frog or a Holbrook. I am trying to think of a current pair that would fit similar to a Spike and I can't.

I can't think of anything in a metal or a wire that's fits close to a spike. The Jury has a similar wrap and lens size and shape. The Style switch in o-matter as well, but it wraps a bit more.

JFL are more tight on my head and are unbalance shades meaning the aluminium frame is heavy , compared to the light arms, so it feel kind of heavy on my face and unbalanced.

I rather wear jupiter carbons. or jupiter squares.

I think the closest is size and shape to a Spike would be a Hyjinx. As far as difference between the titanium and C-5 versions of the Spike in quality, there are the same. The difference is the weight, which is mostly noticed when worn for any extended peroid of time. The C-5 tends to feel heavy after a while, but you hardly notice the weight of the titanium frame.

As most here have said weight is the big difference. I much prefer the TI frames. I have a few Ti spike and JFL, i find the coverage better on the spike, they fit a wider head in my opinion. Both are excellent glasses. The spike definitely has a more flat front, the base curve being less than the spike. If you like jupiters or frogs, etc with a more flat front you will enjoy the JFL or carbon. If you are more into the antix/hijnx/batwolf with more of a wrap consider the spikes. as far as size and shape like Retinaburn stated they would be similar to hijinx.

I own Spike and is an awesome pair... i love them but the truth is that spikes are heavy... after few hours wearing i feel the preasure at my nose.
I dont think Jupiters shape is close to Spike

Back