• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

COD Black Ops 2 Custom Chameleon M-Frame 2.0

NiGHTSx2

Oakley Expert
San Jose, CA
I came across these randomly while searching for M-Frame Sweep Blue Iridium replacement lenses. It appears that these were prizes for a Call of Duty Black Ops 2 launch party. Being a bigger game nerd than Oakley nerd (debatably), I snapped up the remaining two out of three frames that were available. Hopefully the paint quality and spray work is up to par and they're clearcoated, but I'll have to wait and see what they look like in person. I'll be sitting by the mailbox, curing the clock, waiting for these bad boys to arrive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121151682770?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

That is a pretty sweet find! I am a big video game nerd as well. Unfortunately I wish I had more time to play these days. Looking forward to the update when they arrive in your mailbox.

I figure even if the story is bogus and the paintwork is rubbish, $40 is still a great price for a M-F2.0 frame. I think I paid around $50 for my grey M-F2.0 frame. I will definitely keep you guys updated when these arrive.

Did I mention that I don't even like COD much. I'm more of a RPG/Music/Indie/etc game fan.

What were the Activision guys thinking anyway? The paintjob on these glasses would have been better suited for a launch party for Child of Eden, or Katamari Damacy, or something along those lines. I would have expected matte black frames for a BLACK Ops giveaway :confused:

The paintjob on these glasses would have been better suited for a launch party for Child of Eden, or Katamari Damacy, or something along those lines. I would have expected matte black frames for a BLACK Ops giveaway :confused:

Getting frames for being good at Katamari?

That would be an awesome day

same guy has another "battle hardened" pair up now...Seen time in Aghanistan...BS...paint peeling...funny, my SI M Frame 2.0 is a texture molded matte finish, not painted...

The icons were not painted separately :bigboss:
The icons on the M-F2.0 are molded onto the frame; they're not removable like all of the other models.

Hey Doc - I know it's hard to tell from the pix, but do you have any idea what paint was used? From looking at the color change, I'm guessing it's either HOK, or maybe Alclad2 Prismatic?

same guy has another "battle hardened" pair up now...Seen time in Aghanistan...BS...paint peeling...funny, my SI M Frame 2.0 is a texture molded matte finish, not painted...
Now that I'm home and have time to read the listing, it seems they're one of the giveaway "Chameleon" pairs that went to the sand box.

The icons on the M-F2.0 are molded onto the frame; they're not removable like all of the other models.

Hey Doc - I know it's hard to tell from the pix, but do you have any idea what paint was used? From looking at the color change, I'm guessing it's either HOK, or maybe Alclad2 Prismatic?
not really easy to tell one brand from the other when it comes to that. Could be a DuPont, BSF, or any other for that matter. Either way, it's crap

Back