1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

I came across these randomly while searching for M-Frame Sweep Blue Iridium replacement lenses. It appears that these were prizes for a Call of Duty Black Ops 2 launch party. Being a bigger game nerd than Oakley nerd (debatably), I snapped up the remaining two out of three frames that were available. Hopefully the paint quality and spray work is up to par and they're clearcoated, but I'll have to wait and see what they look like in person. I'll be sitting by the mailbox, curing the clock, waiting for these bad boys to arrive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121151682770?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. EditReject

EditReject Oakley Enthusiast

That is a pretty sweet find! I am a big video game nerd as well. Unfortunately I wish I had more time to play these days. Looking forward to the update when they arrive in your mailbox.

3. NiGHTSx2

I figure even if the story is bogus and the paintwork is rubbish, $40 is still a great price for a M-F2.0 frame. I think I paid around $50 for my grey M-F2.0 frame. I will definitely keep you guys updated when these arrive.

Did I mention that I don't even like COD much. I'm more of a RPG/Music/Indie/etc game fan.

What were the Activision guys thinking anyway? The paintjob on these glasses would have been better suited for a launch party for Child of Eden, or Katamari Damacy, or something along those lines. I would have expected matte black frames for a BLACK Ops giveaway :confused:

4. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Getting frames for being good at Katamari?

That would be an awesome day

5. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

The icons were not painted separately :bigboss:

6. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

same guy has another "battle hardened" pair up now...Seen time in Aghanistan...BS...paint peeling...funny, my SI M Frame 2.0 is a texture molded matte finish, not painted...

7. NiGHTSx2

The icons on the M-F2.0 are molded onto the frame; they're not removable like all of the other models.

Hey Doc - I know it's hard to tell from the pix, but do you have any idea what paint was used? From looking at the color change, I'm guessing it's either HOK, or maybe Alclad2 Prismatic?

8. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Being a mega m frame fan and a FPS gamer... I skipped these. Questionable lineage, and ugly.

9. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Now that I'm home and have time to read the listing, it seems they're one of the giveaway "Chameleon" pairs that went to the sand box.

10. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

not really easy to tell one brand from the other when it comes to that. Could be a DuPont, BSF, or any other for that matter. Either way, it's crap