• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Collect Custom Oakley On The Spot

N719

Oakley Beginner
I am from Singapore and will be traveling to the states soon. I was wondering if i could go to the stores and custom an Oakley Sunglass and get it on the spot? Would the price be different if we customise it online?

Locally i need to wait for about 2month for the sunglass to arrive.

I am from Singapore and will be traveling to the states soon. I was wondering if i could go to the stores and custom an Oakley Sunglass and get it on the spot? Would the price be different if we customise it online?

Locally i need to wait for about 2month for the sunglass to arrive.
Where in the states will you be traveling?

In NYC you can custom your Oakleys and get them on the spot.

Yes i will be heading to Long Island staying near Roosevelt Field mall.

Any Oakley store you recommend?

I don't think Billabong does OCP. I'm pretty sure they are more concerned with selling their own product than custom building someone elses product.

There are 3 Oakley stores that will be "near" you. They are the following and none of them are at Roosevelt Field Mall. Your best bet is hit Smith Haven if you do not want to go to Manhattan.

Oakley
www.oakley.com
2 Google reviews
Terminal 8
Jamaica, NY
(718) 553-6700
Oakley
www.oakley.com
Google+ page
313 Smith Haven Mall C05
Lake Grove, NY
(631) 382-2472
Oakley Vault
www.oakleyvault.com
Google+ page
1412 Tanger Mall Dr
Riverhead, NY
(631) 727-2790

What you said make sense to me, but this is what i saw on the store locator.

Really appreciate your help, i shall make my arrangements to visit the stores when i am there.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 22.32.59.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 22.32.59.png
    439.7 KB · Views: 322
What you said make sense to me, but this is what i saw on the store locator.

Really appreciate your help, i shall make my arrangements to visit the stores when i am there.

Thanks
I see....you are looking at authorized Oakley sellers. Those stores sell Oakley but they do not customize as far as I know. Only an actualy Oakley store will customize for you I think :)

I know I keep saying Manhattan but if you are visiting from Singapore I would imagine you are going to visit NYC? That would be your opportunity. :D

I don't think Billabong does OCP. I'm pretty sure they are more concerned with selling their own product than custom building someone elses product.

There are 3 Oakley stores that will be "near" you. They are the following and none of them are at Roosevelt Field Mall. Your best bet is hit Smith Haven if you do not want to go to Manhattan.

Oakley
www.oakley.com
2 Google reviews
Terminal 8
Jamaica, NY
(718) 553-6700
Oakley
www.oakley.com
Google+ page
313 Smith Haven Mall C05
Lake Grove, NY
(631) 382-2472
Oakley Vault
www.oakleyvault.com
Google+ page
1412 Tanger Mall Dr
Riverhead, NY
(631) 727-2790

Thanks for the tag Frank. I've seen all three of these stores, Oakley Terminal 8 Jamaica store is in JFK airport, so I'm sure you'll be hitting there on your way in from Singapore. However, I think they are small, if not a kiosk, and probably don't customize on the spot. Smith Haven and Riverhead do customize, but no lens etching. You can build your own glasses with your own hands, inspecting all parts for quality along the way. I've built M-Frames, Frogskins, and Canopy goggles in Smith Haven and, while it's not really that thilling, you can test out any combos you want as the salespeople will build whatever you want with no qualms about tons of stuff coming out of boxes.

As a ballpark, Smith Haven is about 50 miles from Roosevelt Field Mall and Riverhead is about 70 miles. I would suggest you go into the city and hit Times Square store and/or Fifth Ave, because I am sure you'll be in NYC on your trip.

Back