• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Collectible Jawbone List

Does anyone know if Brian Lopes has a signature Jawbone / Racing Jacket I am thinking he should he has been with Oakley for as long as I can remember. I got a pair of glasses from him after a NORBA National race at Mount Snow VT when I was around 15 and lost them. I am kicking myself for that now.

do you guys think the fathom racing jacket will be collectible in the future?

I think collectable-ness is quite subjective. How much does it mean to you? Are you a seller or a collector?

TBH i think most limited editions are collectible per se ...

Is it a valuable collector's item? I think it depends on the amount frames made, what it represents and the actual demand for the frame.

Look at Oakley's IH line ... very in demand. Compare it to the King's Camo line ... both are limited ... but which has a model that sells for twice retail?

Oakley is also sketchy on production numbers of certain frame series' ... They'll say only 30/50/100 made ... but they'll fail to mention that there's been a second release ...

Personally, i have a Garage Rock from Osheaga ... allegedly 100 ever made ... Oakley stated they sold every single on during the festival... but in the past few months some members have purchased some absolutely legit and BNIB/Mint frames from Osheaga's online merch dealer ...

So they may be less collectible as once originally thought ... but to me they're priceless!

It represents an awesome festival (i been twice and can hear it from my house every year) and an awesome city...my hometown!

So it may not be worth much $$$ as a collectors item, but to me its worth a lot more!

Lex, thanks for the explanation and of course, collectable is a personal decision.
I'm new to being an Oakley fanatic and really just an enthusiast.
Jawbones are one of the few frames that fit me well and am curious in which will be highly desire-able going forward.
For example, I did not see the "artist" frames (fuel cell, hijinx, etc) when they were originally sold (which i think are cool now and wish i had a pair in a frame that fits me), nor did I see the Icho (sp?) radar camo frame when it was sold (i also think its cool and bought the mph radar camo version this summer - seems the original japanese frame is hard to get).

Were these type of frames sold originally on the oakley website or were they sold at special events?
Anyhow, just curious if the Fathom racing jacket would fall into this category in the future .. e.g. it didnt seem to sell very well as it was a bit "out there" but these items tend to be more interesting in the future .. just curious.

Lex, thanks for the explanation and of course, collectable is a personal decision.
I'm new to being an Oakley fanatic and really just an enthusiast.
Jawbones are one of the few frames that fit me well and am curious in which will be highly desire-able going forward.
For example, I did not see the "artist" frames (fuel cell, hijinx, etc) when they were originally sold (which i think are cool now and wish i had a pair in a frame that fits me), nor did I see the Icho (sp?) radar camo frame when it was sold (i also think its cool and bought the mph radar camo version this summer - seems the original japanese frame is hard to get).

Were these type of frames sold originally on the oakley website or were they sold at special events?
Anyhow, just curious if the Fathom racing jacket would fall into this category in the future .. e.g. it didnt seem to sell very well as it was a bit "out there" but these items tend to be more interesting in the future .. just curious.

I agree with your logic, time will tell if a particular model will be 'worth' a lot or not...

If you're into jawbones/RJ'a...Look for racing inspired models(athletes), special one offs for charity or special events...

Personally is buy the Jupiter Camo... I think it's a solid buy with great Oakley inspired history and looks and an awesome frame ( there's one on sale on the forums... I'm just on a buying freeze or is consider it )

Buy what you like and enjoy what to buy!

Be selective!

Limited and out of production frames will ways be 'worth more' than OCP and current models in the frame of your liking!

Good luck in your search!

Sorry to hijack, but curious if Jawbones ever came with a cleaning cloth in addition to a microfiber bag? I've seen other glasses with a cleaning cloth and it's generally a guarantee giveaway that it's fake. But I've seen a couple Jawbone's listed recently that appear to have the correct other stuff (box, paperwork, model number on frame, etc.) but have a cleaning cloth that says "Oakley Eyewear". Can anyone clarify? Thanks.

The only cloths I've ever seen are the ones that come with the oleo 'lipsticks' or the cleaning pouch...

Anything else is a dead giveaway for a fake, that and the silver/black thread case wit an Oakley patch on the 'front'

Latest Posts

Back