• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

*Collecting Payments For The Water Transfer Graphics Group Buy*

I would guess that it's a special sheet of transferable dye that when applied with a chemical, releases it into the water which can then be dipped into.

Not to mention you have to have the proper primer and prepping equipment for the items you're working on.

I would guess that it's a special sheet of transferable dye that when applied with a chemical, releases it into the water which can then be dipped into.

Not to mention you have to have the proper primer and prepping equipment for the items you're working on.

yeah i found a kit for $99 of all of the stuff necessary, but it comes with stock (camo, woodgrain, CF) films. It would be totally worth that if I could figure out a way to create a custom film of some sort...

I was explained that it's a difficult and expensive process. The stock files such as camo, carbon fiber and such are generic and hence a lot cheaper. Not to mention the quantities that many companies buy them in help lower the price.

you can get those kits on ebay or just a stock film.
but you need some water bath with variable temprature and those will cost another US$ 100 . . .